So I've been going through the api's listed here and it looks like there still hasn't been any progress on accessing any of the system functions. (toggling wifi, Bluetooth, start screen tile info, etc) I'm mostly asking this as I want to make sure that I'm not missing it anywhere. I've had some ideas for apps (some I started coding for) for some time but only to get stopped when I found out that there's no api access.
    04-16-2014 08:58 AM
    If you are looking for APIs for tiles, this may be what you need
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr.../hh779725.aspx

You may not directly access system controls such as turning on and off Wi-Fi in your app. However you may launch the settings page for the user.
    thundr51 likes this.
    04-17-2014 09:41 PM
    If you are looking for APIs for tiles, this may be what you need
    Tiles, badges, and notifications (Windows Runtime apps) (Windows)

You may not directly access system controls such as turning on and off Wi-Fi in your app. However you may launch the settings page for the user.
    Figured as much. Doesn't look like much has changed in the api for 8.1, at least nothing I'm looking for anyway. Would love to write something so I could automatically switch off my wifi when I leave the house and turn it on again when I come back but it seems that's still a dream.
    04-18-2014 01:27 PM
    You can use the Wi-Fi sense in 8.1 to do that. In the Wi-Fi settings page under Wi-Fi, go into the turn Wi-Fi back on combo box and pick near my favorite places. In Cortana, press the top right hamburger button, go into places then add a place to your favorites, your home, in this case.
    thundr51 likes this.
    04-20-2014 02:31 AM
    You can use the Wi-Fi sense in 8.1 to do that. In the Wi-Fi settings page under Wi-Fi, go into the turn Wi-Fi back on combo box and pick near my favorite places. In Cortana, press the top right hamburger button, go into places then add a place to your favorites, your home, in this case.
    thanks that helped but I currently have my job and home as favorite places, I just turned it off @ work so hopefully it will turn it back on when I get home and tomorrow it will not turn it on when I get back to work.
    04-21-2014 09:38 AM