Live Tiles Customization: One Side Photo / Other side Transparent

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Developers,

This is a question/idea about WP8.1 Live Tiles. I think this is a great hybrid option that will differentiate apps and integrate beautifully without sacrificing app data.

Major well developed apps have leveraged the live tiles efficiently to display colored logos, share news feed and so on. Currently, many follow a template of when the tile flips, it shows different information. For example, news applications use one side of the tile to show a picture, and another to show the title.

Is it possible to have a live time that displays a picture/logo on one side, and then be transparent on the other side with the news title on it?

I think the output would be beautiful and emphasis the transparent tile and background photo even more.

I personally have taken to the bottom many of the apps that don't support transparency, but would bring them back to top if they're transparent on one of the two sides.

What do you think?

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
This thread might have been too complicated to describe and didn't get much attention. However, the newest update of the Verge app did just that! Allowing me to get one side of the time transparent and T he other displaying news! Love it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077