How to develop for Windows Phone 8.1

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I no longer have my primary development laptop, but I recently cleared enough space on my Ativ for VS2013. However, I'm a bit confused. On the SDK download page on the Windows Phone Development site, it says if you don't have Visual Studio, you can download VS2013 Express for Windows, which includes RC2(?), which it says includes the development tools for Windows Phone 8.1 on the Windows Phone Developer site. However, after installation, I cannot seem to find a way to create a Windows phone app like it suggests. Furthermore, I'm unable to install the 8.0 SDK with VS2012 Express, since it requires a 64-bit machine (which is bull since VSE is x86 compatible, and the 64bit requirement is due to the emulator, which doesn't even work on most 64 bit machines due to the lack of hyper v support on anything but newer, higher end core processors.)

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok, if you already have Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows installed, use this link to update the install to Update 2 RC: Download Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 RC from Official Microsoft Download Center

If you don't have Visual Studio Express 2013 for windows installed, use this link: Download Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows with Update 2 RC from Official Microsoft Download Center

Yeah, i figured it out myself. That second link that says "with Update 2 RC"? It doesnt. At least not the full 2RC. It was asking to update to 1RC after installation for some additional components, and most of 2RC was missing. After running the updater from the first link, the Phone 8.0 & Phone 8.1 SDKs were installed. Thanks anyways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre