How apps are prioritized in the store?

venu238

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
My app Clipr is way below in the list of photo applications category. I can see many apps which are less reviewed and downloaded are ahead of my app. How it is possible?
Is there any trick? Can anyone explain me how the apps are sorted out in the store?

People who doesn't know about Clipr, check the video below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYGtfs28BOc

Do you think my app is not worth giving attention?

Juro

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Search results are mainly based on downloads + ratings, and they also consider whatever other data Microsoft can mine. For example, if people who download your app and pin it or regularly use it -- it will show up higher.

Entering a crowded niche means you typically have to work to market the app in order to get attention. There are free ways to do this -- for example, releasing regular updates gets it into the 'New' section. There are also paid promotions. If you have signed up for the Nokia DVLUP program (free and recommended) then you can earn points to use for promotions.

I can attest to the success of these promotions, like getting a highlighted spot on the store. I've seen a 10 or 20x increase in downloads due to promotions, and they always sustain some of the momentum after the fact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon