Indie developers, review exchange

Crispin Parker

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Recently (in the forums) I have noticed that there are quite a few developers asking for app and game reviews.

Having released my first game a month ago, one frustration is the lack of reviews and feedback from the users. 15,000 downloads have resulted in only a handful of reviews (good and bad).

So my idea is an indie developer review exchange. By reviewing each others apps, not only do we get some app store kudos, but also some valuable feedback on what rocks and what can be improved upon.

If anyone is interested in a developer review exchange, please post below. If there's a good response, I'll have a think about setting up some sort of exchange site.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting false reviews, but real honest feedback.

On a side note; is it only my game that gets are real binary review score? It's either 5 stars or 1!

Infection [WP] | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Infection_WP.png

UFO Bomber | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
UFO.Bomber.Release.png

Looking forward to your response.

Many thanks,

Crispin.

Attachments

• StoreTile300x300.png
    StoreTile300x300.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

KSilcox

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I would certainly be interested in participating, as well.

You-Doo, a Proximity based to-do-list, task scheduler and reminder application.
sm_You-Doo_qr_code.png 258x67_WP_Store_cyan.png

Last edited:

SoumiDelRio

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else interested in this? I can probably set up a website that will automaticlly give you apps submitted by other developers and in exchange you earn free reviews from those developers. I'm always trying to encourage users to review my games by asking them when they complete a level or earn something in the game but it's not really working that good.

0vZ

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm interested in :)
But, let's be honest - every developer want 5-star rating for his apps.
Since we can't check or make people give only 5-star ratings, we can ask them to give 5-star to support coleagues.
PS. I've just downloaded Infection and left 5-star rating in my store (you'll see my name 0vZ in rating text).
PPS. I would be very grateful is someone give 5-star rating and write down a few positive words about my game:
The Walking Cat | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Anubhavcool

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I am also interested... My 4 apps also got only few reviews and ratings ..which was very small as per the no of downloads...it would help a lot if you start such site

0vZ

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
As for the start, you can put your app list here :)
I'll give 5-stars ratings to your app :) That's all I can help :)

Liviu Avram

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Don't rate apps with 5 stars, it's misleading for the user.. and the user will 1 star you're app just to lower the rating. I do that all the time.

KSilcox

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded and reviewed each of your apps. I also updated my post at the top of this thread with easier access to my app, You-Doo for those interested in downloading and checking it out.

View attachment 76251

Thanks everyone!

0vZ

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Don't rate apps with 5 stars, it's misleading for the user.. and the user will 1 star you're app just to lower the rating. I do that all the time.
What? You are downloading apps and gives them 1 star???
why are U doing this?

You know, sometimes it's hard to understand when user comments rating like "great addictive game! :)))" and gives 3 stars (as for me 3 stars means "bad app"), and U tell us that you will give 1 star just because you think, that app is rated too high?

KSilcox

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
What? You are downloading apps and gives them 1 star???
why are U doing this?

You know, sometimes it's hard to understand when user comments rating like "great addictive game! :)))" and gives 3 stars (as for me 3 stars means "bad app"), and U tell us that you will give 1 star just because you think, that app is rated too high?
When you have a worldwide audience, you get a whole range of reviewers. Good and bad. It can be frustrating. I will be happy when I have access to send a note to my reviewers. My most frustrating reviews are when I get a bad review because someone doesn't know how to use the app or is mad because it doesn't do something they want, but it actually does perform the function they are looking for, they just apparently didn't see it.

anon(5338685)

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
This sounds like a good idea and I would love to be a part of it! I understand the issue we all go through as I am facing the same issue with my app.

I have created a Splitwise client for windows phone as there is a lack of an official/fully featured one. Splitwise is a service which allows you to split your bills with friends and family and keep track of payments and IOU's.

The client is called Split It and you can download it from here: Split It | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

split_it_qr.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea