02-25-2017 08:56 AM
59 123
tools
    Hi,

Recently (in the forums) I have noticed that there are quite a few developers asking for app and game reviews.

Having released my first game a month ago, one frustration is the lack of reviews and feedback from the users. 15,000 downloads have resulted in only a handful of reviews (good and bad).

So my idea is an indie developer review exchange. By reviewing each others apps, not only do we get some app store kudos, but also some valuable feedback on what rocks and what can be improved upon.

If anyone is interested in a developer review exchange, please post below. If there's a good response, I'll have a think about setting up some sort of exchange site.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting false reviews, but real honest feedback.

On a side note; is it only my game that gets are real binary review score? It's either 5 stars or 1!

Infection [WP] | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    infection_wp.png

UFO Bomber | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    ufo.bomber.release.png

Looking forward to your response.

Many thanks,

Crispin.
    Attached Thumbnails storetile300x300.png  
    Last edited by Crispin Parker; 08-26-2014 at 12:21 PM.
    ZackTheNever likes this.
    06-09-2014 04:10 PM
    I'd love to participate ... but I'd like to wait a day or two for my latest updates to go live.
    06-24-2014 08:18 AM
    I would certainly be interested in participating, as well.

You-Doo, a Proximity based to-do-list, task scheduler and reminder application.
    sm_you-doo_qr_code.png 258x67_wp_store_cyan.png
    Last edited by KSilcox; 08-11-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    07-23-2014 05:41 PM
    Is anyone else interested in this? I can probably set up a website that will automaticlly give you apps submitted by other developers and in exchange you earn free reviews from those developers. I'm always trying to encourage users to review my games by asking them when they complete a level or earn something in the game but it's not really working that good.
    08-03-2014 02:52 PM
    I'm interested in :)
    But, let's be honest - every developer want 5-star rating for his apps.
    Since we can't check or make people give only 5-star ratings, we can ask them to give 5-star to support coleagues.
    PS. I've just downloaded Infection and left 5-star rating in my store (you'll see my name 0vZ in rating text).
    PPS. I would be very grateful is someone give 5-star rating and write down a few positive words about my game:
    The Walking Cat | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    KSilcox likes this.
    08-04-2014 01:22 AM
    I am also interested... My 4 apps also got only few reviews and ratings ..which was very small as per the no of downloads...it would help a lot if you start such site
    08-07-2014 04:41 PM
    As for the start, you can put your app list here :)
    I'll give 5-stars ratings to your app :) That's all I can help :)
    Anubhavcool likes this.
    08-08-2014 01:57 AM
    Here are 2 of my apps..
    1- http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...4-b4d20f59f822

2-http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=12d23d31-f178-4c54-84a3-11d8b0f9e2ca

These are some of my apps on which I would like to have some best reviews
    08-08-2014 09:41 AM
    Done.
    Don't forget to rate my game :) http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...8-c9f9f96890d6
    08-08-2014 03:07 PM
    Done with a 5 star..what did you give? ;)
    08-08-2014 04:39 PM
    5 stars of course :)
    I alway put 5 stars to developers that ask me for a review :)
    08-09-2014 03:58 AM
    Don't rate apps with 5 stars, it's misleading for the user.. and the user will 1 star you're app just to lower the rating. I do that all the time.
    08-09-2014 04:22 AM
    I will rate and review it. Could you also review my app.

Name: Binary Fall
    Anubhavcool likes this.
    08-09-2014 06:46 AM
    qr-iconuntitled.png

Try ShuffLink for Windows Phone 7 and 8
    08-09-2014 09:10 AM
    I downloaded and reviewed each of your apps. I also updated my post at the top of this thread with easier access to my app, You-Doo for those interested in downloading and checking it out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	258x67_WP_Store_cyan.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	76251

Thanks everyone!
    08-11-2014 01:30 PM
    Don't rate apps with 5 stars, it's misleading for the user.. and the user will 1 star you're app just to lower the rating. I do that all the time.
    What? You are downloading apps and gives them 1 star???
    why are U doing this?

You know, sometimes it's hard to understand when user comments rating like "great addictive game! :)))" and gives 3 stars (as for me 3 stars means "bad app"), and U tell us that you will give 1 star just because you think, that app is rated too high?
    08-12-2014 02:33 AM
    What? You are downloading apps and gives them 1 star???
    why are U doing this?

You know, sometimes it's hard to understand when user comments rating like "great addictive game! :)))" and gives 3 stars (as for me 3 stars means "bad app"), and U tell us that you will give 1 star just because you think, that app is rated too high?
    When you have a worldwide audience, you get a whole range of reviewers. Good and bad. It can be frustrating. I will be happy when I have access to send a note to my reviewers. My most frustrating reviews are when I get a bad review because someone doesn't know how to use the app or is mad because it doesn't do something they want, but it actually does perform the function they are looking for, they just apparently didn't see it.
    08-12-2014 11:34 AM
    This sounds like a good idea and I would love to be a part of it! I understand the issue we all go through as I am facing the same issue with my app.

I have created a Splitwise client for windows phone as there is a lack of an official/fully featured one. Splitwise is a service which allows you to split your bills with friends and family and keep track of payments and IOU's.

The client is called Split It and you can download it from here: Split It | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

split_it_qr.png
    08-19-2014 03:02 PM
    Besides having reviews in the store, I'm always interested in honest feedback. This sounds like a great idea.

Scorched Toast Universal App
    wp_download.png

Download from Windows Phone
    Download from Windows Store
    Last edited by BriarcliffStudios; 08-20-2014 at 10:43 PM.
    08-20-2014 10:15 PM
    I agree with the honest feedback. Perhaps we can try each others app and give honest feedback and improvement suggestions here for the time being?
    08-21-2014 01:10 AM
    I would certainly be interested in participating, as well.

You-Doo, a Proximity based to-do-list, task scheduler and reminder application.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm_You-Doo_qr_code.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	76253 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	258x67_WP_Store_cyan.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	76251
    Hello,

A review of You-Doo is submitted.

Regards,

Crispin.

storetile300x300.png ufo.bomber.release.png
    08-26-2014 12:01 PM
    I'm interested in :)
    But, let's be honest - every developer want 5-star rating for his apps.
    Since we can't check or make people give only 5-star ratings, we can ask them to give 5-star to support coleagues.
    PS. I've just downloaded Infection and left 5-star rating in my store (you'll see my name 0vZ in rating text).
    PPS. I would be very grateful is someone give 5-star rating and write down a few positive words about my game:
    The Walking Cat | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    A review of "The Walking Cat" is submitted. I really liked it! PS: Try and add a QR Tag it makes it easier to get to when not browsing with my Phone ;)

storetile300x300.png ufo.bomber.release.png
    08-26-2014 12:02 PM
    I completely missed how popular this thread has become! Thanks to everyone for their reviews and feedback. I'll work through the list when I have a little more time.

Can I just suggest that you add a QR Tag link to your app? There are several only tools that create them for free. You simply past in the windows phone store app page URL.

Many thanks,

Crispin Parker.
    08-26-2014 12:06 PM
    1 of my game..

Candy Rush Run

Candy Rush is a FREE game with eye pleasing 3D graphics and exhilarating arcade game play.
    Are you ready to test your speed, reflexes, and endurance?
    It is a fast and frenzied game that you will love playing all the time!
    An unique parkour game on Windows store ever!
    You will be attracted by the cute images and creative game play.
    3D scenes also bring you the splendid visual effects.
    Not to mention the perfect match of easy control and lovely music!
    Just try it!
    Introduction:
    Candy Rush is a very cute and funny parkour casual game!
    Not only the scenes but images are very cool and attractive!
    And it's very easy to control. There’s no start or end, you can move toward all directions.
    You will enjoy lots of fun with cultivating roles in this game.
    Also , you can gain coins to improve your role level.
    The wonderful cartoon-style scenes, easy control and unique gameplay will bring you much fun.
    Come on and have a try!
    ★Features★
    ★★★★★Smooth control!
    ★★★★★Increasing level of difficulty!
    ★★★★★3D scenes!
    ★★★★★Easy to play yet addictive!

This is the game on which I would like to have some best reviews
    09-05-2014 03:22 AM
    If anyone will review my game i will also do the same.
    09-05-2014 03:24 AM
59 123