Need a good idea for an app

mylumia928

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I want to develop an app, but I need an idea. I want to know what kind of apps people want.

Posted via the WP Central app on my Nokia 3310

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have much in the way of ideas to share, but look for a problem or a gap in the store and try to solve it!

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
How about a good watermark app, where people can make a custom signature or watermark for their photos... The ones currently in the store are bad... And with the level of good photos being taken and shared by Windows Phone users it seems like a good app in this area is warranted.. I would pay for a good app like this. Not everyone has access to Photoshop or high-end editing software to create their own, plus being able to do this on the phone would solve this problem for being able to do it on the fly and sharing to social media...

stilo602

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Everyone is making translucent tile apps but I would love to instead be able to make the tiles a custom color to be able to better differentiate between my apps and make them more in line with windows 8 on the PC. I haven't been able to find a good app for this.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I've some, here's one a full featured app to customize the phone, choose a title (natural) for example and you give the user ringtone and pictures.

jschristophe

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey. I'm a jazz musician and a good idea is an app for musician. This app could be generate complete arrangement of piano, bass, drums, guitar from chord charts.

This idea already exist :

- Band in a box on PC
- iReal Pro on Ios and Android (50 000 + download on Android - the price : 12,99 $US !!).

No application like than on Windows Phone !!

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
With windows 10, it's recommended to use the built in maps app due to it's integration with the os + Cortana, the problem for me is that all of my favorite places are on Here maps, so I need an app to transfer me favs from Here to Bing

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I use my instagram account to advertise Lumia, many of my friends use my images as their profile picture.
I want an app that adds a signature to my photos, like for example Nokia logo, in a specific position I choose.

Gagan997

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Dear Sir just saw your post , i wana tell you that if know about FLASH SMS feature , it was very popular in old s40 and s60 days , it was feature whoz godfather was Late Nokia, but Microsoft killed this feature , Flash sms was the feature in which you send a text msg over carrier and it used to get open directly on recievers screen despite of any work the reciever is doing , he is in any app , the sms use to come up on screen and upon exit use to get auto erase , there are lot of apps over android and ios but not on windows i say so many people looking for this app pls help us. thanks in advance

mbrdev

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
What we really need is an app for prayers (Muslims only), me and you work together 😊

Not trying to be ignorant but I probably am... Why do you need an app to pray? People have been praying for 1000s of years, what is the benefit of the app, what does it do? I.e what problem does it solve?

mbrdev

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't know about everyone else but all my ideas come from problems I face in day to day life, or if I use an app that I wish had X feature I will consider trying to make an app that does exactly what I want. For example, at work I deal with UK Direct Debit software, and for this you have to calculate dates a lot taking into account weekends and bank holidays, so I made an app that calculates this for me, I published to the store just im case anyone else needed the same and I've maybe had like 10 downloads in 2 years. For me that's not a problem, I made the app to solve my own problem, to make a successful app you just have to analyse each problem and your imaginary solution and try and work out if many people would have the same problem and find your solution useful, if it's just a handful of people then keep thinking until you find one that would have 10000+ potential users.

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Here are some I would have use for + 2 extra :)

Idea #1: background application like Glance screen, but it shows either non-functional lock screen (power button / double tap required to get to the actual lock screen with interaction and unlock) or actual lock screen (like if power button was pressed) when proximity sensor goes from "near" to "far" and display is off. Like full glance on every device ;)

Idea #2: Camera app with proper living images implementation. e.g. capture x frames / second from preview stream to a buffer starting from start or focus lock untill image is captured. Create mp4 video from buffer (use final frame as reference to align buffered images -> stable video) and merge it with image (or however it is done) to get W10 living image.

Idea #3: Selfie camera app where screen acts as light/flash. Light temperature could be changed or automatically detected from preview stream -> lit face looks correct compared to background / ambient light. Unless it is possible to programmatically set screen brightness / back light to maximum, this might have no effect. LCD is poor torch...

Idea #4: NFC / barcode counter. When NFC or barcode / 2D code is read, increase count and keep log with timestamp. Get name for it on the first time. Usage: how many times RC car lipo battery is charged (with 2 similar batteries manufacturers barcode cannot be used :) ), when security / sanity personnel has checked some area (requirements for security?). This might need a bit of improvement ;)

Idea #5: Driving logbook which takes distance from GPS + possibility to take picture from odometer at start and end with OCR to extract the reading.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Omg, please make a decent DLNA media server app for windows 10 mobile. There isn't any in the store that can work in the background, allow the phone to become a media server or stream or work e the PS4

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Selfie App . I like the front camera of lenovo phones. If you haven't tried it give a try. It doesnt matter how you look in real. But lenovo phone camera clear all the dark spots in your face and show a clear and shiny skin and able to get you right selfie.

If you make a selfie app which do the same then it will be a hit.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Selfie App . I like the front camera of lenovo phones. If you haven't tried it give a try. It doesnt matter how you look in real. But lenovo phone camera clear all the dark spots in your face and show a clear and shiny skin and able to get you right selfie.

If you make a selfie app which do the same then it will be a hit.

Lumia selfie?

Eng Soon Cheah

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I got an Ideas for World Alarm Clock bit I don't know how to developed it and I also suggest include with Microsoft Band and Band 2 app.
Thank You.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss