Which Programming Language For Windows

SPS828

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I've been wanting to develop for Windows Phone and I've been wondering which programming language is good for Windows Phone. I'm considering programming for Windows in C++ or C#. Which language do you guys recommend?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
For games. C++ and XAML Everything else I like C# and XAML.

Best regards towards your development.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
There are amazing tutorials made by Channel 9, I'm too lazy to finish them.

Before starting to develop Windows Phone apps you must learn the fundamentals of the C# language, go search for them on Channel 9.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I started learning about development recently and Channel 9 had been a life saver. Their C# course is great. Development for WP7/8/8.1 is very detailed in an accessible way

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I've been wanting to develop for Windows Phone and I've been wondering which programming language is good for Windows Phone. I'm considering programming for Windows in C++ or C#. Which language do you guys recommend?
C# & XAML but it will be better too if you have little bit knowledge of javascript and html5 too.
you can find all the tutorials on channel 9
Channel 9 Content for Beginners | Channel 9

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I used to develop apps using vb for developing for desktop but I am sad because mostly you guys using c#.
.Net and Web dev. AMA

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I used to develop apps using vb for developing for desktop but I am sad because mostly you guys using c#.
.Net and Web dev. AMA

Actually, you can use VB.net to develop WP apps. It's just that nobody does.

Honestly, there is no reason VB.net shouldn't die.

There aren't any important differences to C#. Both use the exact same CLR, both use the exact same .net libraries, and the compiler generates almost identical IL code. C# does support some additional language constructs compared to VB.net, but nobody is forcing you to use them. The only real difference between VB.net and C# is syntax. Anybody that can't get over that is in the wrong profession.

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Actually, you can use VB.net to develop WP apps. It's just that nobody does.

Honestly, there is no reason VB.net shouldn't die.

There aren't any important differences to C#. Both use the exact same CLR, both use the exact same .net libraries, and the compiler generates almost identical IL code. C# does support some additional language constructs compared to VB.net, but nobody is forcing you to use them. The only real difference between VB.net and C# is syntax. Anybody that can't get over that is in the wrong profession.

I love vb for desktop but I think I'm gonna switch to c# for developing it on wp coz it is easy to ask for if ever I encountered a problem because mostly are using c# here 😁

cuddl

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
C#/XAML is a good combination.

If you know Java, C# has a lot of similarities to it. If you don't, it's easy to pick up.
XAML is also very easy to learn and is surprisingly powerful, given that it only has two major core constructs you need to understand: Grid and StackPanel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos