Apps Ideas.

Gogzs

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking for an app that will let me keep track of the last time I have completed tasks, instead of scheduling tasks in the future. I ran across a link for an iOS app that is exactly what I was looking for. Apparently, the developer pulled it from the store because he didn't have time to keep up with it. I couldn't find anything like it in the WP Store, so hopefully someone can make one for us.

The basic idea is that you add an event (changed oil in car) which automatically has the current time and date (which can be changed to make it a future or past event) and when you click Save, it adds the event with that date as the last completed date. You build the list like this over time. Next time you "change the oil" you just click that event, and click the Now button to quickly add another completed date to that event.

Oh man, this is such a simple but great idea, I'll start working on this today, I'll probably message you/post here by saturday/sunday to add you as a beta tester. Cheers man! :)

kokola95

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
WP doesn't have a very good expenses tracker yet. Most of them is either the UI is good but lack of features/transitions or the other way around.

I would help any of the developer to make the best expenses tracker fpr wp8.1 (since wp8.1 sports faster and better transition animations) by making the design or even allowing me to make the .xaml. just PM me if youre interested

PipoDj

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ann app collaboration from the community would be nice. Ahhhh am still waiting for that developer who could fulfill the wishes of an avid instagrammer like me... A photo repost app.

Andreas Jackson

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have been using a WP for nearly one year after more 4 years on iPhones. WP desperately needs a call and SMS blocking app similar to iblacklist on a jail broken iPhone.

Even though W8/8.1 has the ability to block calls and SMS, it is limited. An app where separate contacts can be entered and are protected by a pass code. User selection of live tile that hides the purpose of the app. The app should have the ability to hang up, busy tone, ring with no action and voicemail. These selections should be selectable for each number. It should also have a time scheduler, whitelist option and the ability to create multiple blacklists. The app should be able to operate in quiet mode when the phone is being used.

Iblacklist for iPhone costs around $15. I would be more than happy to pay the same for a WP version of this style of app. I believe many other WP users would also be happy to pay.

I am not sure whether this is possible or not with the WP firmware. I hope so.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have been using a WP for nearly one year after more 4 years on iPhones. WP desperately needs a call and SMS blocking app similar to iblacklist on a jail broken iPhone.

Even though W8/8.1 has the ability to block calls and SMS, it is limited. An app where separate contacts can be entered and are protected by a pass code. User selection of live tile that hides the purpose of the app. The app should have the ability to hang up, busy tone, ring with no action and voicemail. These selections should be selectable for each number. It should also have a time scheduler, whitelist option and the ability to create multiple blacklists. The app should be able to operate in quiet mode when the phone is being used.

Iblacklist for iPhone costs around $15. I would be more than happy to pay the same for a WP version of this style of app. I believe many other WP users would also be happy to pay.

I am not sure whether this is possible or not with the WP firmware. I hope so.

Not possible yet but with every iteration of Updates Microsoft does seem to be opening things a little more so hopefully it will be possible in the future.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I was looking for a good app that lets you put watermark on your photos before uploading them to social networking sites (FB, instagram, twitter, etc) but so far no success. What i want is it accepts all image file types, lets you scale it to your liking, allows you to edit the transparency to your liking. If you know how adobe lightroom does its watermarking feature, that's basically what i need for an app plus it lets you decide what blending mode it does (more like the blending modes in adobe photoshop layers) . I could dream for this app but i can't create it.

Been working on a Watermark app off and on for awhile and hoping to complete it soon. Trying to make for both WP and W8 and back and forth trying to make it consistent between both. Also trying to make it keep image quality and packing in as many features as possible without making it a bloated mess. Not sure how Lightroom does it but I do have it where you can set Fonts, Font Sizes, Font Colors, Image Scaling, Image Cropping, Symbols, Logo Images, Font\Logo Opacity, Font\Logo Effects (very very early beta), Social Media Posting............................

As it stands now, I have bits and pieces separated into about 8 test apps to keep myself from getting confused with code and will be putting it all together soon.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I think branedge is replying to me. He sent me a private message.
Anyway I also have another app idea which is already present in android and iOS but is not yet developed for WP. It's called photo repost app targeting instagram users who wish to put the original owner's name as watermark when reposting their photos in instagram. :)

You should pass that idea onto Rudy Hyun the creator of 6Tag. That would be awesome feature for his already established Instagram app.

Gogzs

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hej schiznatc, caught a few hours today to set this up (well, start a bit)... the basics of the basics of the basics work (adding and refreshing what you've done).
What would you like to be able to add in the task... would you like to be able set something like "Occurring every 5 days" and then have it go red or display a toast notification at a certain time of the day you set?

Also, design is just a placeholder, I will change, just made it a bit colorful so it isn't totally barbaric...

Attachments

• flow.png
    flow.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 1

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
A panoramic screenshot taking app which takes pictures while you scroll/swype/navigate and then flawlessly stitch them together.

The idea behind the app is basically for maps. I'm in a country where here/bing maps don't provide coverage and 3rd party gmaps aren't offline. It'd be cool to take a panoramic zoomed in photo of gmaps before you have to go out somewhere.

schiznatch

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hej schiznatc, caught a few hours today to set this up (well, start a bit)... the basics of the basics of the basics work (adding and refreshing what you've done).
What would you like to be able to add in the task... would you like to be able set something like "Occurring every 5 days" and then have it go red or display a toast notification at a certain time of the day you set?

Also, design is just a placeholder, I will change, just made it a bit colorful so it isn't totally barbaric...

Hey Gogzs,

Thanks for attempting this for me! Sorry, was busy this weekend and I'm not getting email alerts for replies for some reason.

I don't really need recurring events in this as I plan to mainly use it more as a tracker than a reminder, but other people may benefit from that feature. EDIT: I just noticed that your left picture says "Recurring Tasks". I wanted to be clear that I wasn't referring to that but to your comment for "Occurring every 5 days" as an option when adding a new task.

What I would like to see is when you first add a task, have date and time selectors so if I did a task yesterday I could add it in as being done at that time. The date/time selectors should default to the current time and date and let you wheel through them like you do when setting up alarms and such (or something like that).

If you wanted to get more into it, setting it as a future date will shoot off a toast alert (or turn red like you said) once the time/date arrives. But, the most important thing is that I should be able to quickly add a new task for the current time and date without fiddling with anything.

The next thing is that I should be able to quickly update a task I have already set. It looks like you may be working on something like that with the refresh icons in the task list. It seems like in Time Flies, you click on a task like Ate a pineapple, and click a button to quickly add the current time/date.

Also, it would be nice to have a history of the completed dates for each task. I don't necessary need time, just the date. Not sure if it matters where it displays this info; either shows up when you click on a task and it is at the bottom of that screen or maybe have a history button once you click into a task. Example: Click "Ate a pineapple" and scroll down to see the history or have a history button. Syncing this with OneDrive would be a pretty nifty feature to have, but not necessary.

Last edited:

Gogzs

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hej mate, thanks for the input. "Reccuring Tasks" is just a placeholder so far, I plan to add a real app name or logo when I warp it up.

I'll add the datepicker that defaults to current date/time to the "add task" menu, and as for the history, I added when you click an item, it takes you to a new page with the task name on top and a list of all the dates + times when you did the task.

And yeah, the refresh button on the right is the way to update a task, to prevent accidental clicks, when you tap it a MessageBox appears to confirm you've done the task.

I have an exam on thursday, will wrap this up after it and send you a link for beta :) cheers!

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
A mutual friend of mine and my best mate's jokingly suggested an app like Tinder, but for people who wanna fight.

I got a good laugh, thought I'd pass on.

ArthurRump

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I have been looking for an app that will let me keep track of the last time I have completed tasks, instead of scheduling tasks in the future. I ran across a link for an iOS app that is exactly what I was looking for. Apparently, the developer pulled it from the store because he didn't have time to keep up with it. I couldn't find anything like it in the WP Store, so hopefully someone can make one for us.

The basic idea is that you add an event (changed oil in car) which automatically has the current time and date (which can be changed to make it a future or past event) and when you click Save, it adds the event with that date as the last completed date. You build the list like this over time. Next time you "change the oil" you just click that event, and click the Now button to quickly add another completed date to that event.

Link: Time Flies - Super Simple Event Tracking

Also, I would like to add that I would be willing to pay $2-$4 for an app like this since it is probably niche and not something that everybody HAS to have.

Actually Day Counter (by Startlab) has such a feature: Streak

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Nest thermostat app. Google bought the company and I'd course, they don't support WP. They have released APIs but the two apps in the store are basically web apps. A real app would be a good niche app that people are willing to pay for. Nest thermostat is a $250 investment... You get the point...

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting Google Cardboard from DODOcase and was planning to just watch stereoscopic videos with it, but i'm wondering if someone could make a simple stereoscopic VR application with headtracking.

Adarsh Urs

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I would love an app that induces loads of productivity and practicality. I feel like truly productive, yet practical apps are hard to come by in the Windows Phone Store. For example, an app that is extremely intuitive for the user, but its function is beyond useful for getting a simple problem solved or a simple task done. To be honest with you, there isn't any one suggestion I could make regarding an app like this, but it's just a trend (or lack thereof) I've noticed with the Store; all the productivity + tools apps are flashlights and/or all-in-ones, apps that include GPS, altitude, speedometer, etc all in one app.

Hi,
Try VLC Mobile Remote app in tools+productivity category. It's a remote controller for PC/Mac's vlc media player. Then try all the counterpart apps on android. And let me know which one is better.

I am the developer of VLC Mobile Remote app, it's also available on play store...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12