mp3 host for download in WP Application

quanlich

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I want to write an music app that uses mp3 files. But if I integrate all mp3 files in my app, I have a very huge size app. Is there any host or server out there where I can upload my mp3 files so that my app can download them later?

​Thanks

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Would depend on the content of said mp3s - what you are proposing could land you in some very hot water if the music isn't public domain (anybody can use, share and transfer without penalty).

quanlich

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Would depend on the content of said mp3s - what you are proposing could land you in some very hot water if the music isn't public domain (anybody can use, share and transfer without penalty).
My mp3s are animals sounds, rain sounds... that I converted or modified from Youtube. I think they are public but I'm not sure.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
You should be ok then if that's all they are. I mean it's pretty hard to copyright animal and weather sounds etc, but then Apple have trademarked rectangles with rounded corners.

All you need really is some form of general file hosting along with a domain - unless you have it link to a shared space on some form of cloud storage.

quanlich

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
You should be ok then if that's all they are. I mean it's pretty hard to copyright animal and weather sounds etc, but then Apple have trademarked rectangles with rounded corners.

All you need really is some form of general file hosting along with a domain - unless you have it link to a shared space on some form of cloud storage.

Sorry but I'm not sure I understand what you wrote. What is a "general file hosting along with a domain"?
I try to find a host where I can upload mp3, get a link for each mp3 that my app can download to save in isolatedStorage.
I don't know much about cloud storage. Please give a host name or somethings...!
​Thanks

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Cloud storage is basically like iCloud, Onedrive and Google Drive.

File hosting and a domain - they're the main bits and bobs you need for a basic website - if you're just hosting files on it then you don't need to make any web pages, just upload them to your area and link to them in the app for download.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos