Why I am not getting thousands of downloads for my app ?

vmnoodle71

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I remember the first app I made for windows phone back 2012 ,it was very stupid useless app but it received about 36000 downloads within a week , Now I have released another app which has a huge number of 5 star ratings (40+ in India,45+ in US and 100+ in China) but the downloads are merely 8000 and also per day the downloads are around 10-30.

So if a silly app can get 36000 downloads within one week then whats wrong with this one
?:angry:

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Maybe because 2012 was 'app deficit era' and there wasn't much to download anyway? :) and now there are 300K+ apps in the store

Mameless

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
It's because between then and now, the way the New list in the market is structured has changed.
At that time, there was a new list and every new app/game would show up somewhere near the top. So it would at least get a look in from a considerable number of people before it sinks or floats depending on its quality.
Now, it's a "new + rising" list. Your app doesn't come in anywhere near the top of this list. It now depends on several factors to get anywhere near the top of that list for people to see it. Things like you marketing/advertising it, the genre, the keywords related to it, etc.

Also take into consideration that now that there is very little manual certification process, some people have taken it as an opportunity to drown you in the market with one-day project apps or the same app on multiple accounts. I can't post links else I would have shown an example of the later case.

vmnoodle71

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Now really this might be the reason.

It's because between then and now, the way the New list in the market is structured has changed.
At that time, there was a new list and every new app/game would show up somewhere near the top. So it would at least get a look in from a considerable number of people before it sinks or floats depending on its quality.
Now, it's a "new + rising" list. Your app doesn't come in anywhere near the top of this list. It now depends on several factors to get anywhere near the top of that list for people to see it. Things like you marketing/advertising it, the genre, the keywords related to it, etc.

Also take into consideration that now that there is very little manual certification process, some people have taken it as an opportunity to drown you in the market with one-day project apps or the same app on multiple accounts. I can't post links else I would have shown an example of the later case.

anon(9090490)

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I also do not like the built-in Store search system. As I can see from my experience, I cannot find many excellent apps using their search box. And what is strange, it is country-specific, very specific. For instance, I even cannot find some apps using the keywords from their names, and only search by the author name gives me what I need. Customers of my app also proves that.

This is one more reason why our apps cannot be found so easy and thus do not have enough downloads we want/expect.

Wagan8r

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I'd be happy to even have 1,000 downloads right now. Although, I haven't advertised my app much, so I guess I can't complain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea