How do I promote my WP apps?

Thej Siddhotam

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Promoting windows phone apps

Any tips on how to promote my apps? I wrote a bunch of decent apps but none of them get any downloads. The games I wrote are pretty simple but friends who tried them out say they are very addictive. I am positive if people know about them, they will use them.

The problem is I don't know how to get people to notice them..

danglingneuron

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Promoting windows phone apps

Ask for reviews on news sites - you can post your own on wmpoweruser
Follow DVLUP on twitter and inform them of your kool apps
Join DVLUP program and use their campaigns
Start a developer blog
Use AdDuplex in your apps for cross promotion

venu238

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

Marketing an app is very tough these days..I'll tell you how I promoted my app Clipr.

1. Create a set of beautiful images in which briefly mention what your app does, include screenshots.. and don't forget to include WP store badge and a bar code to download your app.
Here is an useful link: App Marketing: Perspective Marketing Image Template | Sharp Snippets

2. If possible create a nice video on how your app works and upload it on youtube.

3. Facebook: Post above created pictures and videos with app details and download links. Try to post them in busy hours and in relevant groups and pages (mostly evening times at respective places)

4. Twitter: same with twitter but use popular WP community hashtags example: #wpdev

5. Join DVLUP program, earn few points and you can create campaigns for free.

RZR666

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Chartboost looks like a good source, you can put the advertising income back into ad-campaigns so that your game gets featured in other peoples games.

0vZ

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
It's just a chance. MS team choose apps to be featured or at least to be in "new+rising" list.
If your app is not there - there is no real chance to get many downloads.

felixl87

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

If only you provided a download link in your post, I would have downloaded it already.

MatLoz

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your tips.
for our first game, Shuttle Shuffle, we tried to contact sites that reviews game on WP (like WPCentral), let's hope some will review it :)

pav3l

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I disagree that AdDuplex doesn't work, all my campaigns had more than 3% CTR. So 0.5% is extremely low. I've been fairly successful with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett