Microsoft Dev Center Don't Pay Most of Individual Developers!

iice cage

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Last April 2014 my first paid app published at Windows Phone store. In the first month of my financial summary indicated That I was eligible for payout. But until 3 months I did not get paid, so, i decided to delete my paid app from store. I contacted Windows dev center, then the first day of the following month my account marked as paid.1.PNG. here is the screenshot. But there is unsuccessful payment indicated bellow.3.PNG. I noticed that my payout account - Paypal email address is incorrect. I already changed my paypal email several months ago. But until now microsoft didn't resend my earnings. microsoft dev center did not send me even a single email. I think there are more individual developers not getting paid by microsoft company. Most of developers sometimes don,t sleep to create apps.2.PNG.

jjmorgan64

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure your story matches your title, or conclusion, As they have obviously tried to pay you
But they should be able to clear it up for you if it says unsuccessful, had you given them someone else's PayPal instead of the wrong one that would be more of an issue

Adarsh Urs

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about other developers payments. But Microsoft has been paying me without any problem from last one year or so. Once, my paid app became free 'coz of some bugs on WP store, at that time more than 400 people downloaded it. Microsoft paid me that money too. I don't know how can you say that MS is not paying to indie developers. do you have any proof?

According to your's screenshots, payment unsuccessful date is 7/1/2014 after that Microsoft did pay you $586.16 on 8/8/2014 (Which is successful). So check your Paypal balance or make sure that you have given a correct Paypal id on Dev Center.

Adarsh Urs

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Adarsh. May I ask what happened that makes you switch your paid app to free because of bugs on WP store ?

Hi,

I did not switch my paid app to free, the app itself became free for certain period of time, that's WP store bug. Not just for me, it happened to couple of other developers. Well, it's been a year since that happened.

I don't know the exact reason for the cause, but seems like Microsoft has fixed that issue.

MatLoz

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, that's an annoying bug.
When we released our game (Shuttle Shuffle), we had the surprise to see some of our IAP free ! Hopefully we were able to fix that quite quickly with someone from Microsoft support team.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon