About Kinect Adapter for Windows

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Before anything else I apologise if this is in the wrong part of the forum. I scanned over the forum list three times and found no section relating to Kinect or even general PC assesories, so since the Kinect For Windows has generally been aimed at developers making apps I figured this is probably the most relevant place to ask a question.

It's a fairly simple question really. I have an Xbox One and a PC very close to each other, with the Kinect for XO. I was wondering if having the Kinect Adapter for Windows would allow the Kinect to be connected to the PC and the XO at the same time. Or would it need to be unplugged and reconnected depending on which hardware I wanted to be using the Kinect?

Thanks.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Don't quote me on it, but I was under the impression that the Kinect connections were different for the PC & XBO so you can't interchange them...

Maybe the General Microsoft forum would have been a better place to put this...

G.

wpguy007

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Currently, for me unplugged and reconnected my Kinect to laptop with the Kinect Adapter for Windows.

Don't think there's any option to allow it to run on both machines at the same time. The Kinect Adapter provides the power supply and USB 3.0 interface for the Xbox One Kinect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12