I got a free (instead of 19$) dev account via dreamspark, using a weird russian online course thing, and I was wondering, will it be active forever, like Regular accounts?

P.S. If I "abused" the system, it's because PayPal wouldn't let me pay without adding a card, even though I have 72$ on my account.
    01-24-2015 04:52 PM
    Nobody? :(
    01-26-2015 01:07 PM
    I got mine though college and I haven't been in a computer course in over a year but I still have it active . Then again my degree is in computer science so it could be that.
    Anyways I bet you will have to pay after a year

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    01-26-2015 08:07 PM
    I got a free (instead of 19$) dev account via dreamspark, using a weird russian online course thing, and I was wondering, will it be active forever, like Regular accounts?

P.S. If I "abused" the system, it's because PayPal wouldn't let me pay without adding a card, even though I have 72$ on my account.

Dev center account will not expire, it is for lifetime or forever (or whatever it is).. But dreamspark account will expire after a year. after that if you want dreamspark account, you can renew it.

Here my devcenter subscription detials screeenshot
    devcenter.png

Find yours DevCenter -> Dashboard ->Account -> Account Summary -> Under Subscription, click View info
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-31-2015 05:53 AM
    Dev center account will not expire, it is for lifetime or forever (or whatever it is).. But dreamspark account will expire after a year. after that if you want dreamspark account, you can renew it.

Here my devcenter subscription detials screeenshot
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devcenter.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	95289

Find yours DevCenter -> Dashboard ->Account -> Account Summary -> Under Subscription, click View info
    Are you 100% Sure? On the page you directed me too, I've got the same thing as you: untitled.png

btw, It's not Segoe UI because I am borrowing my sister's Mac :P
    01-31-2015 09:41 AM
    Are you 100% Sure? On the page you directed me too, I've got the same thing as you: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	95298

btw, It's not Segoe UI because I am borrowing my sister's Mac :P
    Yes I am sure, Once you (or anyone) signed up to Devcenter using dreamspark account or by paying $19 will get the same result. Microsoft extended the Devcenter account for lifetime (Earlier it was yearly subscription). Students from dreamspark get that account for free. That's it.

Stop worrying about this, just release your app on the store :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-01-2015 01:47 AM