04-20-2015 02:05 PM
28 12
tools
    We need a plan to come together and coerce Snapchat into making an app for Windows Phone. The availability of Snapchat can make or break someone's decision to purchase a Windows Phone. With less people buying Windows Phones, developers will have less incentive to develop for Windows Phone and it is a vicious cycle that we all must come together and try to break. Who's with me?!
    04-06-2015 12:41 AM
    You could join up with the other Snapchat fans in the similar threads :D

As an alternative option to getting Snapchat to change their minds, I've a wall you could bang your head against. For free!
    04-06-2015 12:46 AM
    I'm getting tired if this misguided mentality. Snapchat will come to US when Windows Phone as a whole is better and more successful. We can't force them.
    Poirots Progeny and nohra like this.
    04-06-2015 12:54 AM
    I'm getting tired if this misguided mentality. Snapchat will come to US when Windows Phone as a whole is better and more successful. We can't force them.
    That's been my mentality for a while but now is a do-or-die time for Windows Phone. We have no choice.
    04-06-2015 12:57 AM
    If you're serious, then I'd suggest campaigning not to Snapchat, but to their many funders. Snapchat makes no money. It's the speculators who would like to see a return on their investment that might be interested in why Snapchat's pig-headed CEO continues to intentionally reject a potential revenue stream.
    a5cent, TechFreak1, nohra and 2 others like this.
    04-06-2015 01:07 AM
    That's been my mentality for a while but now is a do-or-die time for Windows Phone. We have no choice.
    I completely agree with you but the thing is, whom are you going to assemble with....you see only those on windows phones should be helping you which is merely 3% out of these only 50% would be interested in snapchat and out of those it could be only 10-20% people on wincentral and I don't think they all will be assembling with you so take 20-30% people out of them that makes a really low total. This campaign will only suceed iff you take twitter as platform and every OS as protestor which is quite impossible.
    04-06-2015 02:10 AM
    I completely agree with you but the thing is, whom are you going to assemble with....you see only those on windows phones should be helping you which is merely 3% out of these only 50% would be interested in snapchat and out of those it could be only 10-20% people on wincentral and I don't think they all will be assembling with you so take 20-30% people out of them that makes a really low total. This campaign will only suceed iff you take twitter as platform and every OS as protestor which is quite impossible.
    I've created a twitter account for the campaign. Look for @AppEquality on Twitter.
    04-06-2015 02:45 AM
    Yup. Its Monday. Now get this through your head, "Snapchat does not care"
    04-06-2015 03:13 AM
    I've created a twitter account for the campaign. Look for @AppEquality on Twitter.
    I suggest you....."**** THIS SNAPCHAT THING". is that app really important. We Indians don't use it at all ( I mean most of us )
    neo158 likes this.
    04-06-2015 03:26 AM
    Another day & another poxy Snapchat thread, its getting really boring now. If someone really wants to use Snapchat then Windows phone just isn't the device for you.
    neo158 likes this.
    04-06-2015 04:37 AM
    Another day & another poxy Snapchat thread, its getting really boring now. If someone really wants to use Snapchat then Windows phone just isn't the device for you.
    That's it........
    neo158 likes this.
    04-06-2015 05:07 AM
    @AppEquality? Now you're starting to sound like John Chen!
    ajst222 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-06-2015 08:07 AM
    1) It's not going to happen because Evan Spiegel is a bigot and hates MS.
    2) Marketshare
    3) I still can't believe SnapChat is still a thing. What it does is completely pointless, dumb, and redundant.
    04-06-2015 03:59 PM
    nohra likes this.
    04-06-2015 09:31 PM
    I suggest you....."**** THIS SNAPCHAT THING". is that app really important. We Indians don't use it at all ( I mean most of us )
    That's the equivalent of "WHEN IN INDIA?" No means to offend you but it's similar.
    04-06-2015 10:32 PM
    Snapchat is really important to children and peeps under 25. I can't imagine what kinds of stuff is stored on the snapchat servers kids are putting up there.
    Laura Knotek and nohra like this.
    04-06-2015 11:05 PM
    Well if you believe Snapchat, they don't store any content.

Perhaps they figure one set of tween breasts or tallywhacker looks much the same as any other and they could just Google it if they wanted.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-06-2015 11:08 PM
    Or... you could use the existing hashtag we have with #SnapchatOnWP. There's already a relatively solid movement going on. And I'd love to remind people again, that calling Snapchat "a pointless service for morons" and it's CEO "a stupid hack" is NOT going to gain us any traction.
    04-07-2015 02:16 AM
    Let it go.
    theefman likes this.
    04-07-2015 07:19 AM
    As the old saying goes - You can take a horse to the pond, but you cannot make it drink.
    You can't force someone to do something they don't want to. So my suggestion is to start using some of the other apps that offer similar services.
    That's what I did when Whatsapp was temporarily pulled down prior to wp8.1, made my friends use Hike instead & then they recommended it to their friends & so on...
    04-07-2015 08:16 AM
    I don't use SnapChat (not my cup of tea), but I support it being brought to our store. Our store needs to grow, that much is obvious. However, all the insulting the CEO I see needs to stop. It doesn't matter what he has said or whatever, but those of you who do this make Windows Phone fans all look like crazy, disrespectful people. Insulting employees and CEO's of companies won't gain you anything.
    04-07-2015 08:22 AM
    Well if you believe Snapchat, they don't store any content.

Perhaps they figure one set of tween breasts or tallywhacker looks much the same as any other and they could just Google it if they wanted.
    I read the history of how snapchat came to be in the first place so no, I don't believe them.
    04-07-2015 08:59 AM
    We need a plan to come together and coerce Snapchat into making an app for Windows Phone. The availability of Snapchat can make or break someone's decision to purchase a Windows Phone. With less people buying Windows Phones, developers will have less incentive to develop for Windows Phone and it is a vicious cycle that we all must come together and try to break. Who's with me?!
    This is probably why they are so OCD about third party apps:

I bet I could bring down their entire service for two weeks (and brick iPhones in the process) ;)
    Ticomfreak likes this.
    04-07-2015 02:58 PM
    hotphil, Jazmac and realwarder like this.
    04-07-2015 05:25 PM
    OR....use Skype Qik!
    04-07-2015 09:15 PM
28 12