Hello everyone, recently I have bought the windows phone developer license and in the description I saw that it don't expires. However when I signed in visual studio I got the message that my developer license will expire in one year. So where is the tooth?
    05-23-2015 07:12 AM
    Moved to appropriate forum...

As per this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...ion-forum.html WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

Sorry, I have no answer on this...
    05-23-2015 11:33 AM
    Thank you. Sorry for adding post, I am new here. From now I will post such questions in appropriate forums
    05-23-2015 01:06 PM
    If I recall correctly, if you paid the $20 for a developer license then it is good for lifetime... at this point I imagine the only reason for the $20 is to provide a minor barrier to entry so they only get people whole plan on publishing an app. It did use to be an annual subscription, but they changed it.

On a side note, if you haven't paid the $20 there's a license that allows you to publish apps to the virtual machine (and I believe Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 computers that allow developer licenses), that is only good for a year, but is free to renew... you also lose it format your computer, reinstall visual studio, etc...
    05-29-2015 01:34 PM
    Thank you.

But it still unclear for me. Because I payed 20$ and I saw the text that saying that it is lifetime license but when I deploy my app for windows or, sometimes, on wp I get the message that it expires in the next year
    07-04-2015 10:07 AM
    You might be seeing the developer license... If I recall correctly, when you make an app, they put a time limited license of a year that is separate from your Windows Store development license. I'm not sure the reason for this, but your publishing license should be lifetime now.
    07-06-2015 02:44 PM