What is build limit of Xamarin Starter kit ?

anon(9632633)

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I think it is pretty small -- something like 5 MB.

I develop apps using Xamarin and I can say it is very good. You can (and SHOULD!) build native UIs for each platform and share a lot of code. This way, your apps look good and perform excellent on every device. I'm talking about Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android as opposed to Xamarin.Forms.

In case you're a student, you could effectively get the Business license benefits for free. I did!

Dean Michelsen

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Regarding which platform is better, it really depends upon the type of application you plan to build. Unity is certainly the choice for developing games, while you would use Xamarin for general application development.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
UWP is for univeral apps like Windows 10 devices (Laptop, Tablet, Desktop, Phone, Xbox (soon)) etc. think "metro"/Win 8/8.1/10 store apps. WPF is the Windows Presentation Foundation which utilizes Xaml, an XML/HTML-esque language for designing user interfaces. WPF is more for the desktop and utilizes .NET for compatability between Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, etc. UWP uses Xaml for its apps as well. For example, to create a hamburger menu in Xaml - via UWP - I do the following:

Code:
<RelativePanel>
            <Button Name="PopoutPanelButton" 
                    RelativePanel.AlignLeftWithPanel="True" 
                    FontFamily="Segoe MDL2 Assets" 
                    FontSize="20"
                    Height="45"
                    Width="45"
                    Content="" Click="PopoutPanelButtonClick"/>
        </RelativePanel>
<SplitPanel>
... code omitted
</SplitPanel>

Now in WPF that may be different as WPF is more for desktop applications - like ones that are portable between computers. UWP have to either be downloaded from the store or sideloaded into the system. WPF can be zipped up or an installer created for users to install the app.

What's the benefit of UWP vs WPF? UWP is nice to put on multiple device platforms running Windows 10. WPF is nice to create cross-compatible applications for various systems that don't utilize the "Windows Apps"/"Metro" style apps.

To answer your question, both will handle 50 buttons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa