W10M Emulator Failed to Install for Visual Studio Community 2015

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I enabled hardware virtualization via BIOS / running Windows 10 Home on my laptop.
Install for emulator still failed.

It is my understanding Windows 10 Pro is required in order for the emulators to work, so is there any way to jump to pro from home without paying to do so? (Aside from pirated junk, not interested in that)

Really, all I am interested in is the emulators. It is strange that Pro is a prerequisite just for the emulators, if the hardware already supports it.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I enabled hardware virtualization via BIOS / running Windows 10 Home on my laptop.
Install for emulator still failed.

It is my understanding Windows 10 Pro is required in order for the emulators to work, so is there any way to jump to pro from home without paying to do so? (Aside from pirated junk, not interested in that)

Really, all I am interested in is the emulators. It is strange that Pro is a prerequisite just for the emulators, if the hardware already supports it.

according to this page, any windows 10 can work: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/visual-studio-2015-system-requirements-vs#1

But for the emulator, yes, you need pro :eck:

Here's an article on how to change: How to easily upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro | Windows Central

It basically says the cost is 100USD to change to pro

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
That sucks. The cost is definitely not worth it, since the only feature of Pro I need is the emulators.
Visual Studio works fine on Home, but it would save the hassle of testing on a live phone if I could just do it on-screen.

With a shortage of apps in the store, you'd think Microsoft would make it as easy as possible for people to have everything at their fingertips.
I find it exceptionally strange I can get Android emulators in Visual Studio without any special OS! WTF, Microsoft???

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
That sucks. The cost is definitely not worth it, since the only feature of Pro I need is the emulators.
Visual Studio works fine on Home, but it would save the hassle of testing on a live phone if I could just do it on-screen.

With a shortage of apps in the store, you'd think Microsoft would make it as easy as possible for people to have everything at their fingertips.
I find it exceptionally strange I can get Android emulators in Visual Studio without any special OS! WTF, Microsoft???

I also wanted to use the emulator but this pro thing stopped me - I think I'm going to ask via the chat service on this weird roadblock

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Keep an eye out on the MS Developer TechRewards site. At one point they were offering a Win10Pro upgrade key (Edit: the more I think about it, I think it was a Win 8 Pro key back when the program was DVLUP) and it was around 800 points or so. BEWARE: they currently list a license for Win10, BUT it doesn't say "Pro" anywhere on it, so I'm inclined to think it's just standard Windows 10.

https://rewards.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/rewards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes