Visual Studio Painfully Slow

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
While working in C# or XAML, it's nice and speedy.. deploy an app via Debug or Release takes 3-4 minutes! Even an app that is nothing but a grid and two colored boxes (no running code or processes).

Are there any tweaks to speed up the program?

My setup: OS 10.0.10586 x64
Processor: AMD E1-200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1000 Mhz, 2 cores, 2 Logical Processors
4GB Ram

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
While working in C# or XAML, it's nice and speedy.. deploy an app via Debug or Release takes 3-4 minutes! Even an app that is nothing but a grid and two colored boxes (no running code or processes).

Are there any tweaks to speed up the program?

My setup: OS 10.0.10586 x64
Processor: AMD E1-200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1000 Mhz, 2 cores, 2 Logical Processors
4GB Ram

deploying the app, that would be to a phone, right? Would a USB 3 port help?

carraig

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
When you make a release build, VS will default compile with Native Tool Chain and code optimization flags, which takes a long time... not sure why it would take a long time with debug though - unless the flags are enabled there too?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When you make a release build, VS will default compile with Native Tool Chain and code optimization flags, which takes a long time... not sure why it would take a long time with debug though - unless the flags are enabled there too?

I tried installing visual studio community - but there was one error and after installation, the program can't open the moment I launch it. I'll post a screenshot tomorrow -hope you can help :smile:

carraig

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Okay, you have to press Alt+p (or open the project menu in the menu bar), and then press p again to chose your project properties.
Then you select the "Build" tab. At the top there's a Configuration selectbox, where you can chose the active configuration.
The flags are under the General section:
You'll hopefully see the Optimize code and Compile with .NET Native tool chain is set under Release-configuration.

They should not be enabled under Debug, so I'm not sure if those flags are the real problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa