11-07-2017 11:37 AM
30 12
tools
    Some people have suggested this to also include support for developers building apps, but honestly as a developer if I need help with something or support, this site wouldn't be the first place I turn to. I would go somewhere like stack overflow first or Microsoft forums. Maybe more so if it is a technical question.

However where this site might shine is allow for discussion in a forum style setting which stack overflow does not support. Chat rooms on stackoverflow are also seldom visited by developers writing UWP or .NET applications, so if it was possible to get live feedback and discussion going in a chat setting that would be really helpful.

I think the primary goal of this site though should be to help developers showcase what they built and get feedback and user to use their apps they spent hard work making. Especially if they are good apps.
    04-22-2017 10:14 AM
    @erotavlas - think we're on the same page. Discussion in the forum setting, and highlight of great stuff on the front end of the site is definitely something we can provide!!
    04-22-2017 08:22 PM
    I'm interested in this, I attempted some collaboration here with the UWP Dev Club but unfortunately it died quite quickly because I didn't have enough time to run it let alone take part enough to get it off the ground.

I'm still extremely busy with my day job at the moment but waiting to hear back from MS about a developer role which should give me a better work - life balance and enable me to take part more.

I believe if Windows Central could facilitate a collaborative project it could spawn a "Microsoft Garage" type of group and may lead to some very interesting apps, though it would be very nice to see that focused on Windows 10 UWP with an actual Mobile First push!

I'm by no means an expert in mobile app development but I have a lot of dot net experience especially in backend services so I would love to collaborate on a project by handling the Azure side of things and learning from others on the team about XAML UI.

What the developers corner is sorely missing for me is participation, the majority of threads end up being "I've never programmed before but I want to make an app" or "I'm not a developer but I've got a great idea for an app that I want someone to make for me", those threads are not a problem and it's great to see people take an interest but when the forum is flooded with those posts it does make it harder for experienced developers to actually find like minded and like skilled people to discuss and collaborate with.

I'd also like to see app development and mobile game development separated, I know both are apps and both are development but game development is a whole other barrel of fish so I think it would be good to see some distinction between the two.

Very much looking forward to see what happens here and hopefully join a team to make some cool apps!
    05-25-2017 03:08 PM
    Hi,

From my point of view, what I would look for in the developer program is:

• Support for initial "jump-start" promotion of the app
    • As stated in previous posts - weekly featured apps somewhere in the middle of the page
    • Publisher guides - there are tons of tutorials on how to write UWP/WP apps (for that we have StackOverflow anyway), but what I'm missing completely is a comprehensive set of tutorials on how to properly:
      -- publish an app - handling all the certification problems, differences between debug and release builds for UWP/WP
      -- configure ad networks and best practices - I still don't know how to do it properly
      -- promote your app - either through some ad networks or through some forums/pages like this one

Best regards,
    Keran
    07-17-2017 08:29 AM
    So, revamping canceled?
    11-07-2017 11:37 AM
30 12