Edge Favourites and Reading List Won't Sync

Lewk86

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
So my Internet Favourites and Reading List articles don't seem to sync on Microsoft Edge from device to device. I have 3 computers running Windows 10 now, and none of them are picking up any Favourites or Reading List articles. I have tried disabling and re-enabling the sync option in settings but that doesn't work.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know of any troubleshooting ideas?

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Confirmed by @jonathansampson, syncing isn't in current Edge version. Will be added/improved in the future.

sberti

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
One of the things that I have REALLY liked about Internet Explorer was that my Favorites synced across all my devices.

I've been liking my Windows 10 but now I find the same thing... my Edge Favorites don't sync between my laptop and Surface Pro 3 or Surface 3.

With all the talk about Windows 10 multiplatform thing, I just assumed my Edge Favorites would sync across all my devices. This is a step backwards.
Bummer!!! :unhappy:

martin bud

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
A recent Microsoft article suggests, this is a feature!
You no longer need a separate app, as you can create/view reading lists via Edge direct.
To me, this is an odd decision. I'm struggling to think of a use for a reading list & struggle even more to work out the different between a favourite and an article added to my Reading list.
It did make sense as a separate app, rather than having to use IE to catch-up on something I found interesting. They appear to be killing apps off for the sake without thinking "Do people actually find this app useful?". It's another way of pretending Windows 8 never happened.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Check the store, you will find the Reading List app in there and it syncs fine. The favourites do not sync in Edge, but the IE ones do. It may be better to stick with IE until Edge has moved out of bare bones stage. I see Edge as more of a demo at the moment, it is not fully formed or even very practical to use right now. It is clunky even for basic browsing and few features are working.

Hopefully the Metro Firefox will be out soon and with any luck it'll work as well as IE Metro. Edge is still in nascent form and perhaps will become an interesting option one day. That day is far off.

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Frustrated. Just downloaded Reading List (app is for Windows 8.1) from the Store. When I first opened it, this was the Welcome screen. But I can't find any information about how to "get to your list from any Windows 10 device."
Reading-List-Edge.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb