Each Microsoft Edge Tab Using About 20% of the CPU

TheJackah

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed that each tab in Microsoft Edge uses between 13% and 20% of the CPU.
My CPU is: AMD Athlon X4 760K Quad Core.

Does anyone know a fix for this? I've also been reporting it through the Feedback options available.

Last edited:

TheJackah

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Get a better processor? Intel perhaps? Haha, jk.
What sites specifically?

Mostly it is on Windows Central - I don't know what it is about this site, but something is making it very heavy in comparison to other sites. It is so unresponsive. I would follow the trick in the other thread to fix that, but I don't want workarounds, I want actual fixes, otherwise it's just papering over the cracks, which, from experience, can end you up worse off in the long run.

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, ya, this site is horrible and really needs to be just redesigned from scratch. It seems like it could cause even the Tianhe2 to grind to a halt trying to render it. Lol
20% does seem like a lot, though. I'll dig around on my machine when I get home and see if I can find anything

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I only hit like 1.5% rendering windowscentral.com, and then it quickly drops down to 0.2-0.6% on my i7. Does it sit at 20% for you, or does it die off after the site is done rendering? And are you sure you're looking at the CPU usage specifically for Edge and not the overall CPU usage for the whole system? Because running Edge and nothing else, my overall usage sits right around 20%. That's not because of Edge, just because of the OS and all its background processes.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Edge is very CPU intensive on my end too. Both on my laptop, i3 Ivy Bridge and on my PC, FX 6300 @4.5 GHz.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077