Swipe navigation, WHEN?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
So does anyone know when Edge will get swipe navigation?

It's driving me nuts, having to use the forward, back buttons all the time.I know that it's high on the feed back for the most votes.

But the question remains, WHEN?!?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'd like this too. I'm trying to find out, but might get the same response of "we're tracking feedback"....

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had feedback from a contact in the Edge team. It's a top feedback item for them and they're working on it. No word on timescales though.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I think gesture input will come with the first big update for Windows 10 which is rumored for oktober/november isn't it?

Last edited:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I really hope that they roll it out soon. I want to go back to W10, but I just can't till at least this feature is available.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So poking the big "back" button in the browser is so difficult that you can't use the operating system?

Ray Fontanilla

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes, because that 'little back button' is only 6-8 millimeters square in the farthest corner of the 8 inch screen. That's an annoyingly small target for anyone who doesn't have tiny little toddler fingers.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
So... does anyone have any new insider information as to when gesture/swipe navigation is coming? End of October, November, maybe?

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Exactly! And for me it's also usually a farther reach. I'm often using my Surface Pro 3 at my desk which my hands resting on the surface as I work and read on the screen. I had gotten into the habit of having one hand close to the screen. To go back I could just lift a finger and flick. Now I have to raise my whole arm to touch that back button.

The thing that really kills me is that writing a software routine to respond to a gesture by executing the back button action, is just a few lines of code. Therefore, Microsoft doesn't have a way to detect/process the gesture and call this routine, or Microsoft is purposefully withholding the feature. But I find it really difficult to believe the first horn of this dilemma. Microsoft has written plenty of code for detecting gestures; if not yet in Edge, then most definitely in other products proven by the fact that those products handle gesture input.

So now my question is, am I just missing some options, or can you tell me why MS is withholding the back gesture?

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting on this as well. Maybe it'll come in the next big update? Are there other browsers that support this type of feature?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven