Is it just me or...?

Wybrem

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
...or is Edge a HUGE disappointment to all of us? Where do I start.:

This one is a bit silly but, the icon. When opening a new tab, it won't actually type sometimes. Copy and pasting seems to be an issue, same for Windows 10 Mail. No extensions.

I'm still with Chrome for now, was hoping for something new and refreshing--the interface is refreshing.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Extension support should be added this month or the next. In any case extension support is coming :) And if we may believe Gabe Aul, they have been working on improving Edge for mobile. It should perform better with the upcoming build, which is apparently due, next week

Wybrem

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Extension support should be added this month or the next. In any case extension support is coming :) And if we may believe Gabe Aul, they have been working on improving Edge for mobile. It should perform better with the upcoming build, which is apparently due, next week

Well thanks, I have a BlackBerry, so was kinda talking about Edge for PC.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well thanks, I have a BlackBerry, so was kinda talking about Edge for PC.

Oops :p I naturally assumed that you had a Lumia. In any case, my extension support statement still stands, but not sure when the Edge browser for PC will see a new update with improvements. Might coincide with the extension support tho :)

I still use chrome as well, because I can't live without extensions :p

Wybrem

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Oops :p I naturally assumed that you had a Lumia. In any case, my extension support statement still stands, but not sure when the Edge browser for PC will see a new update with improvements. Might coincide with the extension support tho :)

I still use chrome as well, because I can't live without extensions :p

Haha, ye we BlackBerry users still exist lol. Neither can I, even though my Adguard Pro for Windows blocks all ads in Edge. I still need more extensions.

wardo5757

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Edge is a joke, but that's just my opinion.
I agree. Why the wizards at MS decided to put Edge in the official build and make it the default browser is beyond me. It won't sync passwords, no extension support and it doesn't play well with a lot of websites. As always with MS, "just wait, it's coming" then by the time it gets here the decide to reboot the whole damn thing. Yes, I'm a little sick of waiting and defending MS these days.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Why the wizards at MS decided to put Edge in the official build and make it the default browser is beyond me

Why? Simple to gather data. The more they have, the faster they can work on issues and improve. Don't forget that those wizards are building the browser from the ground up, so there are bound to be hiccups. I do think the underestimated the amount of work this would take. It probably would've been better if they kept this one under wraps until january or sth

davidofmidnight

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
For me, Edge is best thought of as a "Beta" release, which MS should have labeled as such and have updates treated like they do for their Mail and Calendar app.

And releasing it without extension support and not calling it a beta program was just braindead move. When it does come out with a newer (non-beta like) release, how many users are already comfortable with their Chrome or Firefox or Opera on Windows 10 already, and can MS convince them to move to Edge?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
For me, Edge is best thought of as a "Beta" release, which MS should have labeled as such and have updates treated like they do for their Mail and Calendar app.

And releasing it without extension support and not calling it a beta program was just braindead move. When it does come out with a newer (non-beta like) release, how many users are already comfortable with their Chrome or Firefox or Opera on Windows 10 already, and can MS convince them to move to Edge?

Due to speed and cortana integration together with reading list options, they could get me to move :D but not cold turkey lol

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Edge sucks at this point. There is no doubt about it. I thought about something the other day. I always used IE11 and sometimes i would use Chrome. Just being a casual user and browsing website i could never really see the difference. I couldnt understand why there was the hatred for IE and why it was cool to hate on Internet Explorer. To me they were about the same and i preferred IE because of the layout with favorites and syncing across all my devices including WP8.1.

Then i started using Edge. Now i have a genuine, valid reason to dislike a browser and not use it. For one...it sucks on most websites i use. And that should be enough right there. If this is the new and improved great browser over IE then why does it perform worse!!! IE was not great on this website (windowscentral) but Edge is far worse, it is almost unusable. Also Edge is terrible on Twitter, when you click on something all the links will just die and you have to refresh to get it to start working again. Same with Facebook, horrible on FB. Favorites dont sync! Cmon really i was so used to that with IE it's impossible to use it now when i have a desktop a laptop a surface pro and 2 lumias. I need all my stuff all the time. No options- IE has FAR more options and customization than Edge, like i can save as..., i can see the bandwidth of downloads, the favorites bar stays pinned when i close the browser, things like this.

With all that being said, i know Edge is not finished and much more work and polishing is on the way. So i will hold out hope one day it will be good as Chrome or at least IE11. But for now, Edge, you suck! You suck bad..

wardo5757

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Edge sucks at this point. There is no doubt about it. I thought about something the other day. I always used IE11 and sometimes i would use Chrome. Just being a casual user and browsing website i could never really see the difference. I couldnt understand why there was the hatred for IE and why it was cool to hate on Internet Explorer. To me they were about the same and i preferred IE because of the layout with favorites and syncing across all my devices including WP8.

Then i started using Edge. Now i have a genuine, valid reason to dislike a browser and not use it. For one...it sucks on most websites i use. And that should be enough right there. If this is the new and improved great browser over IE then why does it perform worse!!! IE was not great on this website (windowscentral) but Edge is far worse, it is almost unusable. Also Edge is terrible on Twitter, when you click on something all the links will just die and you have to refresh to get it to start working again. Same with Facebook, horrible on FB. Favorites dont sync! Cmon really i was so used to that with IE it's impossible to use it now when i have a desktop a laptop a surface pro and 2 lumias. I need all my stuff all the time. No options- IE has FAR more options and customization than Edge, like i can save as..., i can see the bandwidth of downloads, the favorites bar stays pinned when i close the browser, things like this.

With all that being said, i know Edge is not finished and much more work and polishing is on the way. So i will hold out hope one day it will be good as Chrome or at least IE11. But for now, Edge, you suck! You suck bad..

LOL Agreed! This browser should have never made it to prime time until it had a backbone to support it. Ven, I agree, MS is building a new browser from scratch but that's no excuse for putting a half backed browser on the street and calling it the "next big thing". It's not. Far from it. MS does have some smart people working for them, but they are in dire need of a good strategist How many people will try this browser and decide its crap because it has so few/no features then not come back? I would say too many, and like I said, I think MS is making a huge mistake by rushing incomplete software to the public. They are sure making me bitter toward them and pushing me to the only other option out there, and that really pisses me off.....

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
LOL Agreed! This browser should have never made it to prime time until it had a backbone to support it. Ven, I agree, MS is building a new browser from scratch but that's no excuse for putting a half backed browser on the street and calling it the "next big thing". It's not. Far from it. MS does have some smart people working for them, but they are in dire need of a good strategist How many people will try this browser and decide its crap because it has so few/no features then not come back? I would say too many, and like I said, I think MS is making a huge mistake by rushing incomplete software to the public. They are sure making me bitter toward them and pushing me to the only other option out there, and that really pisses me off.....

Actually started a thread about just this (w10 is beta and maybe it will continue to be so), thought I'd get more discussion in it, but oh well lol

I think the edge team has a huge problem now.. We know for a fact that not a lot of people are using the browser, which means that the team is getting less data and feedback, so it makes it harder for them. If they had given me extension support, I would have gladly gone back in to, but as long as that is out, I am too lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs