Edge slow performance on websites - ad loading

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I want to see if this issue is just my computer, or is it universal.

When using Edge, I find that loading websites, or advancing pages, is very very slow. It would appear that most of this occurs while the pages load all of the ads that I never read. Trying to read a simple article takes far too long because of this.

Maybe this is because of all the ads, or maybe it's an Edge issue, or maybe it's my computer ( least likely situation ).

If others have seen this, have you found any solutions. One of the greatest offenders is the MSN site, but Windows Central is also sluggish. Most of these sites are large, and established. Also, my download speeds are quite fast ( over 100Mbs ).

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Tim:cry:

mend0zah

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah Edge slows down on several websites for me. Sometimes the sites don't have many ads and it stills slows down.

I have noticed sometimes it completely freezes for a minute or two on websites with heavy media content, lots of images or a video player (flash usually), but these issues are not present when I open them up in Firefox.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Since there's no ad block yet one fix is to modify the PC's Hosts file. Adding a list of known advertisement servers with a specific location prefix will block the connection of all ad junk originating from said servers.

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

This mod will do wonders running IE on RT devices and on Edge on Windows 10. You'll see a few ads here and there but none to minimal. One issue is watching TV episodes on the web where ads and commercials are forced may cause the video to not play or appear to not play. Sometimes the videos work after waiting for the non existent commercial to play through it's timer, also non existent. Ain't nobody got time for that.

chirac

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
i got the same problem with edge.. it 's so slow with websites that contain lot of adds... i try to use edge the most instead of Firefox, but the fact that there isnt any app against adds ibto edge will make me back to Firefox where the surf into websites is faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa