Firefox vs. Edge

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I had to go back to using Firefox (used to be my primary browser) because of compatibility issues with Edge. And it's horrible! Firefox's scrolling is terrible and jagged, and even though websites load up just fine navigating them is a pain. I was honestly surprised coming from Edge which is buttery smooth in comparison.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Use Opera then! :p

(I don't have any problem with none of those two you mentioned, each on has its strong points!) I'm also back at Firefox at the moment after more than 6 months of Opera..
I've got to say Firefox is really struggling and glitching with the new youtube player, but for sites like this on, is the best for my cr*ppy PC..
At the moment I only use Edge sporadically because it doesn't load up sites fast (most probably cause of my PC) and also cause of the lack of add-ons (like ADblock)
Also I'm using the ''reader view'' in firefox which is strongly inspired by Edge's ''reading view'' :p

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Use Opera then! :p

(I don't have any problem with none of those two you mentioned, each on has its strong points!) I'm also back at Firefox at the moment after more than 6 months of Opera..
I've got to say Firefox is really struggling and glitching with the new youtube player, but for sites like this on, is the best for my cr*ppy PC..
At the moment I only use Edge sporadically because it doesn't load up sites fast (most probably cause of my PC) and also cause of the lack of add-ons (like ADblock)
Also I'm using the ''reader view'' in firefox which is strongly inspired by Edge's ''reading view'' :p

I have Opera but don't use it. I also have Chrome but don't use it. I'm toughing it out with Firefox but using it makes me miss how smooth Edge feels. I tinkered with my hosts file so there are no ads in Edge anywhere and it loads sites wickedly fast.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Right now I'm waiting for uBlock plugin support and an improved contextual menu (and middle click). After that I will switch.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yea stopped using edge all-together sometime ago. I mean I would support it, if I felt the improvements were coming faster, but then again, working with code is never easy and these guys are building it from the ground up lol

I had hoped for extension support this month, but it has been moved to next month I think? or was it just a "priority".

Using chrome again for now.. Has too many processes running tho

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Yea stopped using edge all-together sometime ago. I mean I would support it, if I felt the improvements were coming faster, but then again, working with code is never easy and these guys are building it from the ground up lol

I had hoped for extension support this month, but it has been moved to next month I think? or was it just a "priority".

Using chrome again for now.. Has too many processes running tho

I think extensions were always planned for Threshold 2.

Seb_Rattansen

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I really like Edge. It's super fast and "buttery smooth". It feels like Safari on a Mac basically. I also like it's design. But the best function is the ability to write on webpages and save them to OneNote (imo the killer app for W10 and a Surface).

Unfortunately I'm also using Firefox at the same time because Edge doesn't have extensions yet.

Hopefully once extensions are added, developers quickly add them. Given how many W10 installs there are, hopefully this is a no-brainer -- unlike the W10 mobile app debacle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss