W10M browser (Edge) question

mattdreed

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
I use Google Voice extensively for work and have been disappointed since all the 3rd party apps got pulled off ages back.

The workaround of using the mobile web interface was ok, but lately it's become unusable using Internet Explorer on my Lumia 830 running 8.1 and Denim.. I'm not sure if it's an issue with my phone and settings, but I'm not able to do things like scroll through the contact list and interact with some fields. Going into desktop mode is not a solution.

My question: Does anyone know if the browser on Windows 10 mobile (currently in preview) is handling the Google Voice site any better? Specifically, can you scroll through the contacts and/or does typing in the field populate names from your contacts?

I would install the preview myself, but I can't lose another week of productivity like I did when I tried an earlier release.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile browser question

I use Google Voice extensively for work and have been disappointed since all the 3rd party apps got pulled off ages back.

The workaround of using the mobile web interface was ok, but lately it's become unusable using Internet Explorer on my Lumia 830 running 8.1 and Denim.. I'm not sure if it's an issue with my phone and settings, but I'm not able to do things like scroll through the contact list and interact with some fields. Going into desktop mode is not a solution.

My question: Does anyone know if the browser on Windows 10 mobile (currently in preview) is handling the Google Voice site any better? Specifically, can you scroll through the contacts and/or does typing in the field populate names from your contacts?

I would install the preview myself, but I can't lose another week of productivity like I did when I tried an earlier release.

I'd test it out for you, but I'm not sure which site it is. When I go to google.com/voice it just gives me some support forum thingy. I kinda read trough it and figured out it's something related to gmail and hangouts, though I haven't really figured it out completely. If you could explain a bit more what you're trying to do, I'll try to test it. But I can say it's probably working well, Edge is a decent browser.

mattdreed

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile browser question

Thanks!
the site is google.com/voice/m
the actual contact list address is: www.google.com/voice/m#~voice:s=contacts
if you don't have a google voice number, then I'm not sure what kind of page or info you're seeing.
My issue with IE in WinMo 8.1 is that I see the first dozen contact entries, but I cannot scroll through to see the rest.

I think it's a rendering issue in IE with whatever script google uses to generate the contact list. Just now I've figured out how to manipulate the page by opening a menu at the top and using that as my initial scroll point (if that makes sense). as long as the list is scrolling, I can go up and down as needed. But, once it stops, I can't use the contact list as a scroll point.

Thanks for your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa