Edge consumes memory

Toussaint Jongen

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am using the Edge browser frequently (I just think it works easy) but recently I noticed it really consumes memory. Just now I even got a message telling me that I needed to take some action because it was almost using 100% (of 8 GB!)

I therefore checked Task Manager and found out Edge is really using a lot of memory, see the picture below.

EDGE.PNG

At this specific moment I was using around 15 tabs in Edge, which is not extremely much (I think...) I can end this task in the manager without any problem and Edge doesn't get shut down. After ending this task, it slowly starts growing again till a certain point and it starts all over again.

Does anybody experience this same problem, know what the cause is and maybe have a solution? I would be very gratefull!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, you do have 15 tabs open after all and judging by the size quite "hefty" tabs as well. If you try with firefox, you will get similar results :).

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I am using the Edge browser frequently (I just think it works easy) but recently I noticed it really consumes memory. Just now I even got a message telling me that I needed to take some action because it was almost using 100% (of 8 GB!)

I therefore checked Task Manager and found out Edge is really using a lot of memory, see the picture below.

View attachment 116006

At this specific moment I was using around 15 tabs in Edge, which is not extremely much (I think...) I can end this task in the manager without any problem and Edge doesn't get shut down. After ending this task, it slowly starts growing again till a certain point and it starts all over again.

Does anybody experience this same problem, know what the cause is and maybe have a solution? I would be very gratefull!

I had the same issue of edge using almost 5GB of RAM but on one site only, one tab only. That was onedrive where I was uploading files. The RAM would just keep on rising. Support couldn't help at that time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss