Hi all,

I am using the Edge browser frequently (I just think it works easy) but recently I noticed it really consumes memory. Just now I even got a message telling me that I needed to take some action because it was almost using 100% (of 8 GB!)

I therefore checked Task Manager and found out Edge is really using a lot of memory, see the picture below.

edge.png

At this specific moment I was using around 15 tabs in Edge, which is not extremely much (I think...) I can end this task in the manager without any problem and Edge doesn't get shut down. After ending this task, it slowly starts growing again till a certain point and it starts all over again.

Does anybody experience this same problem, know what the cause is and maybe have a solution? I would be very gratefull!
    11-11-2015 12:32 PM
    Well, you do have 15 tabs open after all and judging by the size quite "hefty" tabs as well. If you try with firefox, you will get similar results :).
    11-11-2015 09:11 PM
    Hi all,

I am using the Edge browser frequently (I just think it works easy) but recently I noticed it really consumes memory. Just now I even got a message telling me that I needed to take some action because it was almost using 100% (of 8 GB!)

I therefore checked Task Manager and found out Edge is really using a lot of memory, see the picture below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EDGE.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	116006

At this specific moment I was using around 15 tabs in Edge, which is not extremely much (I think...) I can end this task in the manager without any problem and Edge doesn't get shut down. After ending this task, it slowly starts growing again till a certain point and it starts all over again.

Does anybody experience this same problem, know what the cause is and maybe have a solution? I would be very gratefull!
    I had the same issue of edge using almost 5GB of RAM but on one site only, one tab only. That was onedrive where I was uploading files. The RAM would just keep on rising. Support couldn't help at that time.
    11-17-2015 06:16 AM
    Are you visiting any heavy sites?
    11-17-2015 07:35 AM