Edge not synching

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I am unable to turn on synching in Edge. It says I must be logged into a MS or Office account...I am logged in. Anyone have any suggestions?

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same trouble. Any ideas beside full reset.
I use Here services often and Here is no longer available in the store.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
yea same here, its grayed out, you click it and you see you already have syncing enabled, tried disabling and enabling and still same error on edge

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
You know I was really concerned about that until my bank, Target, Home Depot, Sony and numerous others let all of it out.

GrandSpartan117

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I confirmed its turned on both devices. Powered cycled both as well with no luck. It seems to be an issue with my 950 as edge is syncing to al my PC's as it should. The only thing not is the phone. Looks like ill be doing a hard reset later to try that. :(

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I also have this problem(Lumia 950 XL), neither bookmarks or reading list syncs.
I had to save down a few quick pages before going out shopping in a hurry. Tried for a while to make it work with restarts, switching sync on and off etc. gave up and went to keep.google.com, always works, always syncs...

Any solution to this except for hard reset ?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, my phone and my PC were syncing my favorites and such, but my favorites were all messed up. Duplicate folders with zero links in them or some but not all. I cleared out the favorites on my PC, turns out it was on the phone side that kept pushing back the corrupted favorites.

So, I turned off syncing on both my PC and phone. But they still were doing some syncing for some reason. Went to my OneDrive and deleted the device settings backups. Now that stopped the madness.

So back to the PC, and cleared out the favorites in Edge. On my phone I deleted all the favorites also. Then re-imported my IE favorites on my PC. Turned back on sync'ing on both sides, and the backups on my phone.

Now nothing sync's. :angry: Any suggestions?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, the phone I was able to force a backup to OneDrive so it's there. But the PC... I haven't been able to get it to backup it's settings and such.

Any ideas on how to get the PC to resuming it's settings backup to OneDrive?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Do'h!!!!

Stupid me, I forgot that I turned off sync inside Edge on my phone and PC. Turned it on, and things synced up. But still ran into a mess of duplicate folders and URL's. Still trying to clean them up on the PC side, and hoping they stick this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6