Edge shortcut icon on Lumia 950, how can I get it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Edge shortcut icon on Lumia 950

Sorry if its the wrong section.

So when i put shortcuts for websites on the homescreen on my previous Lumia 920 I got a tile that showed a "screenshot" of the website itself, this is not the case on the 950.
It's kind of hard to tell wich tile links to what website when they're all just blue with an "e" on them.

Would be awesome if someone could tell me how to change this.

Thanks, Carl.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Edge shortcut icon on Lumia 950

Sorry if its the wrong section.

So when i put shortcuts for websites on the homescreen on my previous Lumia 920 I got a tile that showed a "screenshot" of the website itself, this is not the case on the 950.
It's kind of hard to tell wich tile links to what website when they're all just blue with an "e" on them.

Would be awesome if someone could tell me how to change this.

Thanks, Carl.

Not only that, certain websites (e.g. the New York Times) would actually be a live tile and show updated headlines. Now it's just a blue square. I haven't found any setting that changes this. Huge step backwards.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Can't change it :) it's a w10m thing. For some reason live tiles for websites just haven't been added yet. Please open the feedback app, look for similar suggestions/feedback and upvote them :)

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Edge shortcut icon on Lumia 950

If you add the page you are trying to pin to your favorites list, the name you give it will be displayed on the tile, as long as it's not the small one.

*Update*. May or may not work, depending upon the site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)