Anyway to hide the address bar in Edge?

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If I am on the internet in Edge is there a way to hide the address bar? It would make the need to use websites instead of apps a little easier if I could just hide the address bar. Also while I'm thinking about it, is there way way to assign a picture to a website that I pin to my home screen??

Sorry if these are topics that have been talked about already, I looked but didn't see them anywhere.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hiding the address bar -- No

Pictures for pinned tiles -- With 8.1 there would be a picture, but so far under 10, I haven't seen this implemented yet

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hiding the address bar -- No

Pictures for pinned tiles -- With 8.1 there would be a picture, but so far under 10, I haven't seen this implemented yet

The pictures 8.1 assigned were just snapshots of the site and while that was better than just an "e", I would love to give the pinned website a logo so it looks more like an actual app.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The pictures 8.1 assigned were just snapshots of the site and while that was better than just an "e", I would love to give the pinned website a logo so it looks more like an actual app.

Yupp I understand, but at this point, I would just like to see those small snapshots lol

ChanceNC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Regarding tiles for websites...

I use a nice little app from the store called "Pin it!" to create tiles for websites and pin them to my start screen. I have tried other apps with similar functionality but I like this one the best. The sample shot here shows the lower half of my start screen, when scrolled down fully. The MSN, Google, USA Today, Wikipedia, Ars, TitanTV, AccuWeather and YouTube tiles were all made with the Pin it! app. I also appreciate that the app gives the user the option of using a name on the lower left of the tile instead of mandating it.

wp_ss_20160131_0001.png

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Regarding tiles for websites...

I use a nice little app from the store called "Pin it!" to create tiles for websites and pin them to my start screen. I have tried other apps with similar functionality but I like this one the best. The sample shot here shows the lower half of my start screen, when scrolled down fully. The MSN, Google, USA Today, Wikipedia, Ars, TitanTV, AccuWeather and YouTube tiles were all made with the Pin it! app. I also appreciate that the app gives the user the option of using a name on the lower left of the tile instead of mandating it.

View attachment 121610

That is fantastic! Thank you very much!!

EDIT: I found a Pinterest app called "Pin.It!" is that what I'm looking for???

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb