Stil Using Chrome Over Edge

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Bit the bullet and swapped out my wonky SP3 for a new robo i5 256GB. I strongly encourage anyone buying anything from the MS Store to buy the extended warranty - it has helped me often. The thing about holding off on my warranty swap was because of all the software reinstalls I need to do and the 200GB of data to restore - yeah, if I had to do it again, I'd go 512GB.

So, this is a clean Win10 install. I go to Microsoft's Volume Licensing Service to download Office 2016 - a 800MB+ ISO and the download fails three times with Edge crashing. On top of that, the display driver goes wonky and I can't see the Start menu in its entirety to restart. I want to not have to use Google stuff, but here I am using Chrome again with the Office download at 60%.

Sigh...:eck:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Bit the bullet and swapped out my wonky SP3 for a new robo i5 256GB. I strongly encourage anyone buying anything from the MS Store to buy the extended warranty - it has helped me often. The thing about holding off on my warranty swap was because of all the software reinstalls I need to do and the 200GB of data to restore - yeah, if I had to do it again, I'd go 512GB.

So, this is a clean Win10 install. I go to Microsoft's Volume Licensing Service to download Office 2016 - a 800MB+ ISO and the download fails three times with Edge crashing. On top of that, the display driver goes wonky and I can't see the Start menu in its entirety to restart. I want to not have to use Google stuff, but here I am using Chrome again with the Office download at 60%.

Sigh...:eck:

could you share your os build with us?

I really like the performance of edge over other 3rd party browsers, but non availability of extension support is the major reason dragging me off to chrome & opera. i will soon be over with them as extension support is coming to edge with redstone build :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077