Is there any way to prevent Edge downloading things it shouldn't?

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi, earlier on I was browsing on edge when I got a popup that 'tracker.yougov.com' had been downloaded (and that the publisher of the programmer couldn't be verified). The strange thing is that I didn't know, nor allow 'tracker.yougov.com' to download onto my system or even visit their website!
Anyway, I was wondering if there was a setting on edge (or control panel) that would prevent this from happening again?

Here's a screenshot of the download tab:
Screenshot (151).png
And as you can see the programme has been downloaded three times (of which I have deleted and am now running an antivirus scan)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, earlier on I was browsing on edge when I got a popup that 'tracker.yougov.com' had been downloaded (and that the publisher of the programmer couldn't be verified). The strange thing is that I didn't know, nor allow 'tracker.yougov.com' to download onto my system or even visit their website!
Anyway, I was wondering if there was a setting on edge (or control panel) that would prevent this from happening again?

Here's a screenshot of the download tab:
View attachment 126856
And as you can see the programme has been downloaded three times (of which I have deleted and am now running an antivirus scan)

one of the sites you're visiting must be throwing this download. Run the scan and try not visit that site

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Spotted the same thing earlier today and I am pretty sure I was on MSN at the time. Certainly wasn't on any "Dodgy" websites.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)