Who is in charge of favourites on Edge

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Seen a couple of related posts, I have just checked in Edge's settings and on my 1520, HP Stream, Surface Pro 3 and HP desktop I have "Sync your content" set to on, and if I added a fav it showed up across devices. I just decided to tidy up my Favourites on my desktop and deleted several Favs only to see them all come back next time I opened Edge.

On most MS services there is an online master, so for example I can go on the web based Groove page and see my collection, the same with OneDrive.

Anyone know if there is a "Master" page for Edge favourites so I can take control, or do I need four pair of hands to make sure I delete a Fav on all four devices at the same time???????

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I undid the Sync button and then tided up my favourites on the PC, then made sure all was OK by restarting Edge a few times, then I did the same on the Surface, Stream and 1520.

Haven't been brave enough to Sync again yet, will do it later.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't re-synced yet, but I do have a couple of theories based on what I have seen.

I must mention as part of my tidy up I still wanted the same FAV's on each machine, just wanted to delete and organise.

I am not sure that FAV's are stored online in a central repository, but each PC's FAV's are shared, it would make sense (I have not tried this yet) that to delete a FAV it would need to be done on the original PC.

Obviously if you wiped your PC you could loose these if you didn't restore from any backup and they would re-populate from other devices if set up this way.

When you make a FAV you get a small icon in the list that is from the website, when this is "Shared" to another PC it has a small icon of a FAV star, if you delete (Wipe the machine) that FAV on the original device, when it comes back from the shared device, it comes back with the star, not the original icon.

As I mentioned I had all four of my devices with Sync turned on, this would lead to the circular reference issue of never being able to delete, I think we would be better served with an online service so you could at least go to one place/master list to organise.

So to achieve this I am going to see if I can set Sync on one device to act as the master list (My PC), just not sure if the Sync needs to be set up on the master device or the others, will work this out and let you know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)