Force Edge Syncing/Import passwords?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So my favorites and passwords were synced up nicely between my SP4 (non insider) and my Lumia 640 (Insider- Fast ring)

However, I used CCleaner to clean up some junk on my SP4 and even though I did not have saved passwords ticked under Microsoft Edge, for some reason it deleted all my saved passwords. I tried switching to a local account, turning off sync, signing in back with my Microsoft account, turning back on sync, verifying my pc but that did not work. I was not getting my passwords back.

My favorites were gone on my PC as well, but still on my phone, as well as my passwords. However, I noticed that instead of syncing my favorites from my phone to my SP4, it synced the non-existent favorites on my sp4 to my phone. So I lost the favorites on my phone. Great. (How stupid is this?)

The passwords are still on my phone but not syncing to my sp4.

Is there someway I can force the passwords to sync to the sp4 or someway I can export and import them into edge?

I'm not that pissed about the favorites, it's whatever. But man if I lose all my saved passwords, I would be freaking out.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am currently saving some passwords back on my sp4 (two so far). Still, there is no sign of any passwords syncing

Favorites are syncing fine now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss