Edge stopped to sync bookmarks

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Why do you think the problem is mobile? I am fairly certain it is an MS account issue. I created a new MSA, logged in with my daily PC, backup mobile and two other systems. All sync

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
What I meant was, on mobile, there are no way to sync bookmark with Chrome. I can do that with desktop. My current solution is export my bookmark.htm into Onedrive. Then download it and open on mobile if I need specific bookmark. For reading list, I have started to use Poki, its available on W10M too. This will do until MS fix this issue. Please keep hammering the feedback hub with this issue.

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Ah got it. So an update to all. My ongoing case has made it to two level 2 support techs. The last tech says he will send the case to MS cloud research department. He did say that MS is aware if the problem and they are working on it. Whatever that means. Seems like this has been going on for months.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, but more annoying, Edge has stopped acccessing the history from the address searchbar. So I have to type every URL, all of the URL, even though I have visited that site previously. All the URL's are in the browser history.

I'm gonna have to go with Chrome until this is fixed.

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I read that the migration to Outlook.com was now complete for 99% of users. Wish I had played more attention to my account. Wonder if my account just finished being migrated and that fixed it. Anyone know about their account?

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So the issue of my mobile edge bookmarks not syncing with any of my other Win 10 devices still exists. However all of my Win 10 PC's and tablets all sync bookmarks perfectly, It's just Mobile that is the issue. Worked fine on Win phone 8.1 and internet explorer.

So now I have all my previous bookmarks that I need on mobile edge but nothing new on it. I have the exact opposite on my other devices. I can reset my phone and start from scratch but I will lose my mobile bookmarks as it will sync only the new ones on from my other devices.

The fact that there is no way to save mobile bookmarks is absurd. The fact that there is no way to dictate what syncs with what is absurd. You can have different devices with different bookmarks and when they sync, you have no way to dictate which ones sync and no way to prevent losing some.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I did a hard reset of my phone.
I didn't restore a backup.
For days, my phone's Edge had no Favorites.
A couple days ago, I had a bunch of Favorites.
I can't say that new things will sync (or which way), but it did work (eventually).
Hehehe...
JJ

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I have tested and it is working 100%. Sync mobile to daily PC, daily PC to mobile, other PCs to all devices. Whatever has changed in the back end seems to have resolved my sync issue.

For those having trouble still: If fresh mobile I found that I had to create a favorite first then the other sync. Not sure if that helps anyone

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
No it just started working!! I did have a support call with MS and went to level 3 support. Jumped through tons of hoops and hurdles and then all of sudden it started working. It started the day before MS announced that 99% of MS accounts had been migrated to Outlook.com. Figure it might have something to do with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster