Unable to play YouTube videos in Edge browser atm...all I get is the audio and no picture...just a black box. Other video streaming sites working fine and YouTube videos play fine in chrome. Interestingly, videos will play if you toggle "Use Adobe Flash Player" between videos - I turn Flash off and then the video plays, I then go to click on the next video and it won't play until I turn Flash back on again, then I have to turn it off again for the next video and so forth.

Anyone else had/having this problem and know how to fix it?
    cgluch likes this.
    11-03-2016 04:46 AM
    Yes I am having problems today also. Probably some "unintentional change" on youtube servers by google because I see nothing edge-related to be updated the last 3-4 days.

Edit: The only work around I found is disabling the adblock extension of edge for the youtube site. Maybe youtube didn't like blocking their ads.
    Last edited by gjbcapital; 11-03-2016 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Workaround solution
    11-03-2016 05:50 AM
    Same problem here. I also have the Adblock extension installed. However, refreshing the page usually fixes the black video.
    11-03-2016 04:35 PM
    Oh good. Glad I am not the only one. Means a fix is coming. If I copy the YouTube link, close browser, reopen, paste, the video works. As a temp workaround.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    Sega_Saturn and HeyCori like this.
    11-03-2016 06:32 PM
    Yeah, this has been driving me nuts for around a week or more. The easiest way is to just hit F5 and refresh the page every time, or disable adblock. Not sure what else there is to do until a fix comes our way. As a sidenote, I checked if that was happening on Google Chrome to see if it was YouTube. Chrome worked fine, so it must be something with Edge.
    11-07-2016 12:50 PM
    I believe it is related to AdBlock. I disabled AdBlock for the YouTube.com domain and it works reliably now on both the you tube webpage and on YouTube videos embedded in articles/locations.
    11-10-2016 08:02 AM
    All good now. Videos play fine with AdBlock turned on. Must've been the recent update :-)
    11-11-2016 02:44 AM