10-04-2018 11:51 AM
165 1234 ...
tools
    Edge in recent insider builds have been horse****. Crash very often on desktop and ultrabook. Works decent on Lumia 950xl deal sim USA.
    mikepalma likes this.
    12-10-2016 02:46 AM
    I'm a full time Edge user for sometimes now. It's performance is great, much better than chrome for my daily use. On a few websites that it has problem (less and less now), I open them using IE. I reported the issue and Edge would be able to render those websites soon. :)
    MrElectrifyer likes this.
    12-10-2016 02:50 AM
    Now that uBlock origin is available for Edge I'll be using it more.
    SeanD_Colorado and Danomorph like this.
    12-12-2016 09:13 AM
    I want to replace a Chrome Clone with Edge but there is one thing missing in my opinion and that is a session manager. Add a session Manager and I'll be happy.
    12-12-2016 11:25 PM
    Not really.

I actually stopped using Chrome and started using Edge, but some pages did not look good, performance - not great and I question security.

Started using FireFox!
    12-12-2016 11:28 PM
    I want to replace a Chrome Clone with Edge but there is one thing missing in my opinion and that is a session manager. Add a session Manager and I'll be happy.
    A session manager is coming with the creator's update, early next year.
    12-13-2016 01:28 AM
    I actually like Edge... but like most Windows Store apps, Edge doesn't work when connected my VPN. That makes it rare when I get to use it.
    12-13-2016 03:11 AM
    I'm satisfied with Edge. I only use Edge on my tablet (Yoga Book), and Edge is definitely the best browser to use on Atom tablets. Plus, it's far more enjoyable now that uBlock Origin is available. Still, that's not enough to displace Vivaldi as my browser of choice. The thing that would really allow me to switch would be if I could get Edge on Android.
    12-13-2016 07:11 PM
    In the last build it has some issues. But in general, it is good.
    12-13-2016 08:54 PM
    The only thing stopping me from completely using edge is the lack of a video stream capture plugin.
    12-13-2016 10:48 PM
    Edge had become my default browser for a couple of months, after the Anniversary Update brought the ability to install add-ons. It served my needs pretty well too.

Then my laptop conked off, and now I'm using Opera. Mainly because I never liked Chrome, and Firefox has become irritating.
    12-14-2016 08:41 AM
    Well I was a Chrome user, but sooner than later was too heavy and failing with a lot of stuff
    I remember when Chrome was first released back in 2008. I was using an old laptop that was barely running anymore. I don't remember which version of Internet Explorer it had, or even the Windows version (I think it was 98 upgraded to ME). Anyway, it would barely run IE. Chrome was initially very light, and it gave new life to the laptop. I could now browse again.

Over the years, as Chrome has developed and added features, it has indeed become much heavier. It is still my default browser though. In this day and age, the spec requirements of even the heaviest browser has become pretty much a non issue because hardware is cheap. It costs very little to add 8GB of RAM, or even an SSD.

That said, I still use IE, Edge, and Firefox occasionally, and I cannot say that I can tell any significant difference in speed between any of them. Every computer I use regularly has an SSD and at least 8GB of RAM, so maybe I'm spoiled!
    12-14-2016 08:57 AM
    Hopefully this will get patched/fixed soon: https://thestack.com/security/2016/1...-feature-flaw/
    12-14-2016 09:09 AM
    Since I got my Surface Pro 4 last April I switched from Chrome to Edge.
    Sometimes Edge is a little bit unresponsive or slow and it uses way too much RAM. But I like to draw on websites and dircetly share it with friends and coworkers. Adblock was horrible but now uBlock origin is available and it speeds up Edge a lot!
    petvas72 and MrElectrifyer like this.
    12-14-2016 09:31 AM
    I agree that uBlock is making Edge faster, but extensions shouldn't be able to crash Edge or make it unresponsive in the first place...Microsoft has still a lot of work with Edge.
    12-14-2016 09:35 AM
    uBlock is great. Ad Block Plus for Edge and FireFox has gone down hill; On FireFox it's great for that extra ad protection but for Edge it's useless.

Edge needs a Session Manager.
    12-14-2016 11:40 PM
    These extensions for Edge need to come out for the mobile version
    Danobe likes this.
    12-15-2016 08:15 AM
    Since its launch, I have never used any other browser than edge. Never felt a need to. Never gave me problems. And i made it sure that i had the latest plug ins installed. So that too. It is just perfect for me. Super fast, reliable and safe. Love it.
    Kot Prada likes this.
    12-15-2016 01:15 PM
    After disabling Ad block and enabling uBlock, Edge has become much more stable and fast. I am loving it.
    12-15-2016 04:06 PM
    Got the latest release preview update the other day and notice Edge is now crashing. A lot. Especially on this site or others with lots of ads.
    I like edge but I still find it lacking. I totally cant use it for work as many of the companies I deal with only support IE. Like using it on my SP3.
    12-15-2016 04:52 PM
    Yesterday I switched from Firefox to Edge as my default full-time browser. The reason for hesitating to switch before are two missing plugins I use very often and they are SpeedDial FVD and Tile Tabs.

uBlock Origin and Pocket are both available and are working fine.

The reason for changing my mind and switching yesterday is: There was a page that loaded and scrolled like crap in Firefox but was amazingly smooth in Edge. In Firefox, it kept stuttering and it loaded very slowly.

I don't have Tile Tabs, but to workaround the Speed Dial FVD extension not being available, I started using https://myfav.es for having my bookmarks on the homepage in a nice graphical form.

Happy so far. I will see if I need to switch back.

One limitation I found so far is that you can't tell Edge to display the homepage when opening a new blank tab. I worked around this by pinning my homepage and having myfav.es open links in new tabs. I can get used to this, it's not bad at all.

The only issue is we still use Windows 7 at work and I use Firefox for personal browsing (IE11 for work). I might have to install/load the Edge in a VM that's provided by Microsoft. We'll see....

It might be nice if they made Edge multiplatform to gain market share faster.
    12-15-2016 08:38 PM
    Not completely satisfied, still it has some irritating moments like we face in Internet explorer
    12-24-2016 05:50 AM
    Slowest browser on the planet. Totally disappointed with the load times for webpages. I have a Surface Book, and Chrome will load ten times faster.
    Edge is unusable. This upsets me when I can't use a good-featured browser on an $1,800 laptop.
    I don't understand why some people say it's fast, and it slow for me. And I'm not using any AdBlockers, which was suggested to me might be the problem.
    12-28-2016 11:06 AM
    Slowest browser on the planet. Totally disappointed with the load times for webpages. I have a Surface Book, and Chrome will load ten times faster.
    Edge is unusable. This upsets me when I can't use a good-featured browser on an $1,800 laptop.
    I don't understand why some people say it's fast, and it slow for me. And I'm not using any AdBlockers, which was suggested to me might be the problem.
    I also have a Surface Book and when I load just a few tabs on Edge then it is fast. Chrome is definitely faster and more stable. I use both of them and while I enjoy the deep Windows 10 integration and the better font rendering on HiDPI displays of the Edge browser, I go back to Chrome for serious work..
    12-28-2016 11:36 AM
    I was waiting for Edge a long time. I use it since release with Windows 10 and it was one of the biggest reasons to update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (if Edge would be available on Windows 7, I wouldn't update).

Therefore, I am very happy. It has all features I need. Maybe it has no features like in other browsers... but the point is that I don't need them.

One after another I simply deleted the rest browsers from my PC.
    12-29-2016 07:25 AM
165 1234 ...