Is anybody happy with Edge?

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
If I got it correctly, I'm not the only one who doesn't have all my favorites synced. It just didn't sync some of the favorites from my mobile to PC.

And like I said before - we still don't have data saving. That's what I miss for now.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

My favorites sync ok. I haven't experienced any issues so far. My devices are all in the release ring.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried edge on my PC today and was ready to give it a serious go given the updates and new features they have added recently. Unfortunately, I could not get a single PDF to render in the browser, and I have never had a similar problem in Chrome. MS advertises that PDF's will open in edge without issue, and in my Mobile, that seems to work. On my PC, not so much. I even checked the store to see if there was an extension or something that would help.

Thoughts?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Yup I love it. The UI of having the bookmarks, history, downloads all next to each other, the reading mode, all great.

Its snappiness convinced me to try UWP apps and other windows 10 native apps. Plus the new save tabs for later function and share functions are kinda boss.

I only use chrome for extension apps (run as a window on its own, like an stand alone app). Well technically one app, and only that app. I don't actually use it as a browser. Also I could never use something google is basically spamming me to use every time I go to youtube or do a web search.

Would not mind more "speeddial" slots though. Used that a lot on opera.

To me, edge is great. Totally surprised me.

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Latest PC update to Edge or release kb for 1607 is giving me major issues. Edge doesn't load, and freezes. The desktop then freezes. Restored system, updated and problem represented itself. Uninstalling update.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Question regarding the "NEW" Save Tab(s) feature:

Is there a way to select multiple tabs to save; for example: if I have 10 Tabs open and I only need to save 5 of them, is there a way to select 5 of the 10 and save them?

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Edge is good browser.few things Microsoft need to add like data saving or ad blocker (mobile) and dark mode.Also improve performance .

Sent from mTalk

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Trying Edge browser again, I deleted all my previous bookmarks (on both my phone and laptop). I then imported my current bookmarks from Firefox. Now, half of them or so are deleted both in the bookmarks bar and bookmarks folder after about five minutes.

I can get it to stop doing that, if I tell the phone to stop syncing, (it therefore does nothing to Edge on the laptop). I even tried resetting Edge (which is quite involved), but nothing except stopping it from syncing will allow me to keep the bookmarks.
I also tried manually adding the bookmarks by going to a few of the sites manually to see if it would sync to Edge on the phone. Doesn't work, and it still deletes the bookmarks from Edge (laptop).

I even tried going to the website and delete everything I could via "what does edge know about me in the cloud".

Nothing seems to work. And that, after I had decided I wanted to give edge yet another go.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Edge is horrible with bookmarks, both in the way it allows you to manage them (or not) and in the way it screws up syncing. I have never gotten any bookmarks to sync to any Windows Mobile 10. Worked great on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8. Now, after months, I have new bookmarks showing up and I have no idea which other device they may be coming from. I had all my devices that are not phones syncing bookmarks. Was working for good for the last few months or so. I spent alot of time creating folders and organizing my bookmarks into those folders and then dragging all the folders into alphabetical order. They still synced after that as well and my bookmarks on all my devices were perfect.

Out of the blue, my bookmark folders are all out of order and I have random bookmarks in between my bookmark folders now. It seems after every update, they totally get screwed up. And don't even get me started on the fact that you can't manage bookmarks like you could in IE. Dragging and dropping and getting that to work is torture. Not to mention the actual performance of Edge which is great when it works properly and has an ad blocker but man does it have a memory dump problem.

I can't stand MS any more, I really can't. Every damn thing from them is frustrating to use at this point. Getting very close to being time to move on. This coming from someone who has 11 Windows devices and 4 Windows Phones currently in use in his house.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Edge is horrible with bookmarks, both in the way it allows you to manage them (or not) and in the way it screws up syncing. I have never gotten any bookmarks to sync to any Windows Mobile 10. Worked great on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8. Now, after months, I have new bookmarks showing up and I have no idea which other device they may be coming from. I had all my devices that are not phones syncing bookmarks. Was working for good for the last few months or so. I spent alot of time creating folders and organizing my bookmarks into those folders and then dragging all the folders into alphabetical order. They still synced after that as well and my bookmarks on all my devices were perfect.

Out of the blue, my bookmark folders are all out of order and I have random bookmarks in between my bookmark folders now. It seems after every update, they totally get screwed up. And don't even get me started on the fact that you can't manage bookmarks like you could in IE. Dragging and dropping and getting that to work is torture. Not to mention the actual performance of Edge which is great when it works properly and has an ad blocker but man does it have a memory dump problem.

I can't stand MS any more, I really can't. Every damn thing from them is frustrating to use at this point. Getting very close to being time to move on. This coming from someone who has 11 Windows devices and 4 Windows Phones currently in use in his house.

Time to get a mac and an iphone? Or ChromeOS and a android phone?

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Won't be caught dead near anything Apple and Google is just another branch of Govt. Would give anything for a 4th OS out there. (Linux doesn't quite cut it) Look, I love my Windows Devices, really love them. It's MS the company I'm having a harder time supporting every single day for multiple reasons. Edge is just 1 of them.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I've actually been fairly happy with Edge. It used to be a battery hog but that seems to have improved. My bookmarks sync across all devices. I use it exclusively.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I use it pretty much exclusively. Could be my imagination, but I feel safer using it....still has some bugs (mostly video related), but all-in-all, I like it OK.

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Yup I love it. The UI of having the bookmarks, history, downloads all next to each other, the reading mode, all great.

Its snappiness convinced me to try UWP apps and other windows 10 native apps. Plus the new save tabs for later function and share functions are kinda boss.

I only use chrome for extension apps (run as a window on its own, like an stand alone app). Well technically one app, and only that app. I don't actually use it as a browser. Also I could never use something google is basically spamming me to use every time I go to youtube or do a web search.

Would not mind more "speeddial" slots though. Used that a lot on opera.

To me, edge is great. Totally surprised me.

There is basic speed-dial actually.

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I tried edge on my PC today and was ready to give it a serious go given the updates and new features they have added recently. Unfortunately, I could not get a single PDF to render in the browser, and I have never had a similar problem in Chrome. MS advertises that PDF's will open in edge without issue, and in my Mobile, that seems to work. On my PC, not so much. I even checked the store to see if there was an extension or something that would help.

Thoughts?

Edge always opens all my PDFs by default and without any issues. The problem is on Your end.

Chris_NH

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I mostly use Edge. I prefer its UI over that of Chrome. But there are still some websites that require Chrome, for some reason. I also find that favorites management in Edge is a bit awkward. If MS addressed these issues I'd be 100% Edge. But for now I'm 90% Edge, 10% Chrome.

shenesh

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
yes now I can be happy about Edge, with new F11 mode, and waiting to see more works as a pdf reader. since English is not my native language I use Cortana to know meaning and how to pronounce those new words. so it helps a lot me to do in my university life.

Fava11

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
I would be much happier if the Edge incorporated the Internet Explorer into it, to become one and great browser of competitive value

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05