Adblock stopped working

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Today morning I cannot access the adblock settings and adblock doesn't stop any ads at all. Edge is unresponsive and to be honest, I am tired of it. I am back to Chrome (for the moment). I hope that Microsoft fixes all these issues that plague Edge.

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I am on the latest stable versions. I can send you the numbers when I am back home, but there are no new updates for AdBlock. I think version 1.7

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Stopped for me also, and the options page for Adblock is blank

OS version 14965
Adblock updated this morning to version 1.7.0.0

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
14393.447 is my Win version and Adblock is on 1.7.0.0

I hard resetted Edge but the problem still persists. It is unbelievable how unreliable Edge is. I love its design and rendering of text, but I need a browser that works all of the time. I am back to Chrome for now. Hopefully there will be an update soon to solve these issues..

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by petvas72
14393.447 is my Win version and Adblock is on 1.7.0.0

I hard resetted Edge but the problem still persists. It is unbelievable how unreliable Edge is. I love its design and rendering of text, but I need a browser that works all of the time. I am back to Chrome for now. Hopefully there will be an update soon to solve these issues..
Except that Adblock was working yesterday before the update to 1.7.0.0, not sure how you can blame Edge

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Except that Adblock was working yesterday before the update to 1.7.0.0, not sure how you can blame Edge

The thing is, with Adblock in this state, Edge stutters and freezes all the time. This shouldn't be happening.
I would really like to use Edge as my default browser. I like its style, its rendering engine and its design. Without a functioning ad blocker and with frequent crashes, this is not possible.

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Adblock released an update (1.7.1.0) and I can confirm it resolves the issue. I hope this will never happen again..

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, with Adblock in this state, Edge stutters and freezes all the time. This shouldn't be happening.
I would really like to use Edge as my default browser. I like its style, its rendering engine and its design. Without a functioning ad blocker and with frequent crashes, this is not possible.

I was experiencing the same issue. I'm pretty sure Adblock was also causing the browser to stutter and fail. So it wasn't an Edge issue, it was an issue with the extension.

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I was experiencing the same issue. I'm pretty sure Adblock was also causing the browser to stutter and fail. So it wasn't an Edge issue, it was an issue with the extension.

I really want to use Edge instead of Chrome, but Chrome is much more responsive, especially when having multiple tabs open. Edge makes my i7 Surface book feel laggy...
Maybe it is because of the Adblock extension. The thing is, in Chrome I have twenty extensions running and everything is fast and smooth. This is not a rant, it is just something I noticed the last couple of days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz