How to reset/reinstall Edge Browser

DCPaul

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Running Windows 10 Pro/1703/15063.483

1. I noticed that sometimes after clicking menu button (three lines menu to access Favorites, Reading List, Books, History, Downloads) that menu become not clickable and not usable. There is a splash of black screen on all monitors before the Edge becomes not usable.

2. Also noticed that sometimes the popup windows that allowed goes in background and makes main window not accessible.

3. Edge takes very long time - about 5-10 minutes to load new window when clicked on the any link.

I removed all the extensions and tried and still same issues persists. Is there any simple way to reset or reinstall Edge browser?:crying:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Saw this on Microsoft Answers

2.Type Windows Powershell in search box.
3.Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.
4.Copy and paste the following command.
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Running Windows 10 Pro/1703/15063.483

1. I noticed that sometimes after clicking menu button (three lines menu to access Favorites, Reading List, Books, History, Downloads) that menu become not clickable and not usable. There is a splash of black screen on all monitors before the Edge becomes not usable.

2. Also noticed that sometimes the popup windows that allowed goes in background and makes main window not accessible.

3. Edge takes very long time - about 5-10 minutes to load new window when clicked on the any link.

I removed all the extensions and tried and still same issues persists. Is there any simple way to reset or reinstall Edge browser?:crying:

What version of Windows 10 are you using?

Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho1G088NoHk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs