Edge Window Size and Location on Screen

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I really do enjoy using Edge as my browser, but it has a VERY annoying thing that happens that I don't know how to fix. I have wide-screen monitor and I like to have Edge take up the left half of my screen and the other half is for other things I'm working on.

There are times Edge will resize to fill the entire screen, and no matter what I do to resize it and locate it exactly where I want it, it will most often open filling the screen, but not always, and that's the part that has me confused. Why doesn't it open a consistent size?

It happened to me again tonight when I opened the CPU-Z and a window popped up indicating there was a software version update. It automatically opened up a tiny Edge window going to the CPU-Z update download. After I closed that window and re-opened Edge, it was stuck in that tiny size. I dragged it to where I wanted it and re-sized it to the size I want it to be, then closed it. When I clicked on the 'e' on my taskbar it opened Edge filling the screen. The same thing goes on and on and it drives me crazy. However, once in a while I'll get it set and it will actually continue to open where I want and the size I want. I just can't figure out how to have it do that ALL the time.

Any instructions/suggestions from you WONDERFUL people? Thank you in advance for your help! :smile:

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
So, this is happening to me again, and this time I don't seem to be able to fix it. Every time I open Edge, it opens full-screen, and I have a 34" screen and only want it to open on one half of the screen. For a while it will open exactly how I want, and then for no reason I know of, it will open full-screen again. This time it continues to open full-screen and I can't figure out how to get it to stop doing that. Does anyone know how to make it stop opening full-screen like this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos