MS trying to shove Edge down peoples' throats

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Fanboys really bending over backwards to justify this. Seem to be conveniently forgetting that this is full Windows not WP or W10M. Comparing to ios and android just shows your bias or inability to comprehend the difference between the OS's. Good luck to Microsoft doing this and overriding people's default browser setting, always taking the lazy way out rather than actually making their products better.

Sent from mTalk

Toby Simpson

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Not a problem if Edge is set as the default browser for links from MS Mail, but there should be an option to change it in settings. Firefox for me is better for security and privacy.

Toby Simpson

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
It might bother you when Microsoft chucks in the towel on Edge like they did with windows mobile and Groove music. No matter how good it gets I don't want to be recreating my bookmarks and passwords in another browser in 6 months time!

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
It will just give users more reasons to stop using Microsoft products and services.

Edge is a steaming pile of poop. Even as a Microsoft Developer I hate it and only use it when forced to or for testing compatibility.

Mike4545

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
I use Edge but if I didn't I would find this very annoying. My main complaint is that the bookmark manager is difficult to use. I prefer Bookmark OS

terrokkinit

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
This is nothing new at all. On iOS, Mail apps launch Safari. Android, Mail apps launch Chrome.
I'm not condoning the behavior, but this has been the norm for quite some time in both mobile/smartphone and desktop process.

MatthewR413

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I don't think people would mind as much if Edge was at least usable. I've been trying real hard to use it now that I got a dell 2in1. Edge is easier to use once in tablet mode, but i randomly have problems with youtube. I go to firefox, and no issues. It's frustrating and if MS is going to go this way, they really need to put in some effort to overhaul Edge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa