AT&T Lumia 640 is just $59.99 at Microsoft Store [Expired]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
re: AT&T Lumia 640 is just $59.99 at Microsoft Store [Expired]

What did the message that came back with it say? The one I'm using first said it was active on another account. I resubmitted, and it came back with a code. You can submit the same IMEI as many times as you want.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

What did the message that came back with it say? The one I'm using first said it was active on another account. I resubmitted, and it came back with a code. You can submit the same IMEI as many times as you want.

I have done that. Actually I did it on a Galaxy Alpha for a friend at work and that hasn't gone anywhere as well. What happens on the back end if you are not a ATT customer is a black hole:)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I too have resubmitted a rejected IMEI and had it go through. There does seem to be an element of human or computer error that can creep in.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Here is the canned message that I got for either Lumia 640 from AT&T.

Hello,

Your request for device unlock requires additional research to determine eligibility. Please be assured that we are actively working on it. We?ll send a response as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I too have resubmitted a rejected IMEI and had it go through. There does seem to be an element of human or computer error that can creep in.
In those cases, did you resubmit it with the same name and email address?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Oh yep.

I think they limit you to 5 a year so I've done my 5 this year from 2 different addresses to not run out, but the resubmit should come from the same address so as not to trip any warning bells. (My guess.)

DEATH INC

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site

Hello,

Your request for device unlock requires additional research to determine eligibility. Please be assured that we are actively working on it. We?ll send a response as soon as possible.

I've got that message for both 640's I've purchased from the Microsoft store. A day or two later both times I received the code.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

Hello,

Submitted 2 days ago, and got that message just now.

I have gotten that before, and had it go both ways afterwards. We will see...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Quick Update - got both of them unlocked from AT&T. Trick is to never even open the box or turn on the phone:)

And the second trick would be to never buy it in store specifically the circular package because then the rep will scan the barcode during checkout and you will be hosed...

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am guessing that they just threw in the towel because it was taking them too long and I guess they are thinking better to provide the unlock then not at all....just my guess. I am very happy that now I have three unlocked Lumia 640 devices:)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Quick Update - got both of them unlocked from AT&T. Trick is to never even open the box or turn on the phone:)

And the second trick would be to never buy it in store specifically the circular package because then the rep will scan the barcode during checkout and you will be hosed...

Thank you for the update. I have submitted a request yesterday night and I hope I will have the same luck as you with the one from BB. Luckily, I did both of those things. I hope it works in my favor.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

I just got the code for the one I bought at BB.

In the big picture, can you believe that it is possible to buy a phone this capable, upgradable to W10, unlocked, for $40?

It just blows my mind.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I also got my code to unlock it today as well! Thank you all for your help :) I think it's still going to be a tester for my brother but it's nice to be able to unlock it.

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Got the unlock code for the BB (goPhone) version today from AT&T. Did not turn the phone on before receiving the unlock code, and filed unlock request online as non-AT&T customer. Unlokcing went through smooth.

ganeshinadvt

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site

Hi Friends

I received below mail .What does it indicate..not to unlock??

Your device seems to be active on an AT&T customer’s account. Please re-submit your device unlock request with the appropriate customer type or device information.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Hi Friends

I received below mail .What does it indicate..not to unlock??

Your device seems to be active on an AT&T customer’s account. Please re-submit your device unlock request with the appropriate customer type or device information.

It does indicate that the device is not payed off with AT&T or an obligation on the line of service is unfulfilled. Resubmit and see if it comes back with the same advice...

Did you get this phone new in a sealed package?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I bought it in on Ebay stating it has been ATT Unlocked

Submit it one more time, there does seem to be a small percentage of error in the system at ATT and some unlocks go through after a second attempt. If not...

Inform the seller that the phone is locked and cannot be unlocked. Show proof via the email from AT&T.

Use your eBay protections for a return. If you paid via PayPal they have a dispute policy for you to get your refund. (Been there, done that.)

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6