Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
lumia-435-front-orange.jpg

Best Buy has some deep discounts on two older no-contract Lumia smartphones from Microsoft for those of you who are looking to get a new phone on the cheap. The retailer has the Lumia 435 from T-Mobile priced at $29.99 $49.99, while AT&T's Lumia 640 is currently just $49.99.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Last edited by a moderator:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
re: T-Mobile Lumia 435 and AT&T Lumia 640 now $50 at Best Buy

It seems like the Lumia 435 might possibly be T-Mobiles's very last Windows Phone?

I'm thinking that the only reason they haven't dropped it yet is because it has been somewhat successful (or maybe successful enough, to think of it) in the market they are trying to reach. As silly as this might sound, I have noticed that the packaging of this phone has changed from how it was when it first launched.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm thinking that the only reason they haven't dropped it yet is because it has been somewhat successful (or maybe successful enough, to think of it) in the market they are trying to reach. As silly as this might sound, I have noticed that the packaging of this phone has changed from how it was when it first launched.
Or could it just be they have yet to deplete their stocks? After all Walmart still sold the Lumia 640 for a little while after they officially stopped selling it in their stores and online.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Or could it just be they have yet to deplete their stocks? After all Walmart still sold the Lumia 640 for a little while after they officially stopped selling it in their stores and online.
I agreed with that point until I went to a T-mobile store today. To my surprise, there was a 435 on display with 2 other prepaid phones. As you might imagine, the 435 was turned off :/

I don't know what it's doing, but to have a display in the store has to count for something, right?

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I agreed with that point until I went to a T-mobile store today. To my surprise, there was a 435 on display with 2 other prepaid phones. As you might imagine, the 435 was turned off :/

I don't know what it's doing, but to have a display in the store has to count for something, right?

Was this a corporate store or a third party though? Because I think a third party store will often still have older models.

It is still listed in Microsoft's own store but phonearena.com lists it as discontinued and there is only refurbished model available on T-Mobile's own website. I mean it's still possible that no more are being produced and they are just selling existing stock.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Was this a corporate store or a third party though? Because I think a third party store will often still have older models.

It is still listed in Microsoft's own store but phonearena.com lists it as discontinued and there is only refurbished model available on T-Mobile's own website. I mean it's still possible that no more are being produced and they are just selling existing stock.
I guess it was probably corporate, the only third party shops in my area is WalMart and best buy, along with Costco pretty much

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I guess it was probably corporate, the only third party shops in my area is WalMart and best buy, along with Costco pretty much
Well given T-Mobiles history, it's probably going to be discontinued shortly anyway.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Best Buy has upped the T-Mo Branded 435 to $49.99, still a $20 savings.

OP & Title updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon