CDMA Phone

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
now that the fujutsu phone is coming out this week, I have been hearing that its a cdma phone? does that mean I can use this phone on the sprint netowrk ?
anyone know if the 2 networks are compatable

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was really hoping they were going to have a GSM handset of this device as well. You will have to check the network bands for Sprint in comparsion to Japan's network, this device will be offered on.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
now that the fujutsu phone is coming out this week, I have been hearing that its a cdma phone? does that mean I can use this phone on the sprint netowrk ?
anyone know if the 2 networks are compatable

Even if they use the same frequencies, Sprint wouldn't activate it on their network for you, and they aren't about to stock that device any time soon. They are in bed with Google unfortunately and don't care about Windows Phone.

turdsamich

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Even if they use the same frequencies, Sprint wouldn't activate it on their network for you, and they aren't about to stock that device any time soon. They are in bed with Google unfortunately and don't care about Windows Phone.

This phone isnt going to be available on sprint (or Verizon for that matter) but there is no reason to believe that sprint is giving up on Windows Phone

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

You have to get off that in bed with Google kick. If that was so then Sprint wouldn't have released 2 new Blackberries now. As for CDMA phones, unless the ESN is in Sprint's database, there is no way the phone is getting activated on Sprint unless you know someone who works on Sprint's or VZW's ESN database to get them to enter it inot there system.

Oh by the way, it's VZW that really doesn't care about WP7

ajstockdale

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I thought the IS12T was a CDMA/GSM dual-mode device. Does't help you on Sprint, but the GSM bands might line up for T-Mobile/AT&T. I dunno what frequencies they use in Japan.

pittphan

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
too bad

hey guys,

sorry to say but this phone will not work in the USA. I wish it would because I like it quite a lot :-(
The phone is CDMA and does not have GSM capabilities. While it supports the same bands as the USA CDMA carriers - 800/1900 - unfortunately the technology used for CDMA phones in Japan is not the same as the US. It actually has nothing to do with the ESN and even if you could get it activated on a US it still would not work because of the way the Japanese radio technology works; which is not a continuous uplink/downlink connection in the US. Instead they use a weird system that is constantly alternating the connection - designed to created room for as many users as possible.

we really need some new devices for the USA!

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

God I hope your wrong
I hope sprint starts briniging on the Phones..

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The sad thing that is a mid range phone there with those specs. Compare it to what we get here. We get total garbage for WP7 phones. Nobody has announced anything even coming close to those specs for US markets.

purefire

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
i think the issues is that microsoft is trying to impress everyone and no one at the same time. as the os becomes an option so will the phones

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes