Chicks n vixens =angry birds

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Chicks n vixens is very very similar to angry birds. Controls are a pain in the arse and it only has 15 levels. Hope it improves.

Sent from my htc Surround using Board Express

chnkfc

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the heads up. I just downloaded it and yes the controls are a bit of a pain. Ill try and zoom out and i end up firing the cannon. Still an entertaining game even though its still in beta

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Working up a review on the game. First impressions: The controls do take a little getting used to and the animation is nothing close to Angry Birds. Not a bad game... just pales in comparison to what it's modeled after.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I Must Live In A Cave

Lol! I am one of the 4 people in the world who has a smartphone and hasn't played Angry Birds. Even my ten-year-old is a master at it (according to her).
Apparently I better try it out when the official WP7 version is released.

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys!

I'm the dev for Chicks'n'Vixens. I just wanted to ask what you guys think the game would need to match Angry Birds? I understand there has been a lot of complaints about the way the Foxes die (in mid air) and an update is already in the pipeline to resolve that (pending Microsoft approval it could be out as soon as later today but more likely next week).

in terms of controls in what ways do you think it should be improved? Many people have complained its difficult to fire the cannon at less than maximum power so I'm thinking of solving that problem by making the arrow stretch out further (therefore giving player more control over its length hence power).

Would that be an acceptable solution?

And yes I know, you can accidentally fire the bloody cannon while you're zooming :p Update after the next will fix that, it's just a matter of checking if the player is pinching and if so de-activate the cannon.

Thanks for any and all feedback, really appreciate it!

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
cant wait for the update...
Maybe some more levels in the future?

The update comes with three or four new levels. Making levels si fairly easy as I have a level editor but I didn't have time last night, I was mostly focused on getting the foxes to die properly (rolling when pushed, falling to the ground on death, NOT dying side ways).

I haven't had much sleep in the past week either (probably 8 hours all up in the past 4 days). Today I'm going to sleep a lot and then tomorrow I'll work on maybe another 20-ish levels + game features (including in-phone level editor). There's also the tedious (but fun) process of modifying values for the properties of the different objects, mass, friction, health and all that. I think currently the gameplay could be improved significantly by modifying the properties of the objects a little.

Hopefully by the time ver1.0 roles around people won't feel it's just a poor Angry Birds substitute :D

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate all the hard work you have already put in. Is there anyway you could make the cannon work like a sling shot? Meaning you pull back to aim and fire. The farther you pull back the farther the shot shoots. This would make it a lot easier to aim because your finger or hand wouldn't be in the way.

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate all the hard work you have already put in. Is there anyway you could make the cannon work like a sling shot? Meaning you pull back to aim and fire. The farther you pull back the farther the shot shoots. This would make it a lot easier to aim because your finger or hand wouldn't be in the way.

Yep this is probably the most requested change. I'll be sure to implement it for the 0.6 update (the next update due is 0.5 so not then).

0.5 is a mostly bug fix/optimization update with a few relatively simple features thrown in (such as foxes rolling rather than staying still and some other similar stuff).

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Alrighty folks, Chick'n'Vixens has just gotten its first update put on the app store. I highly, HIGHLY recommend downloading it as it address some major issues in the game, better death animations is one.

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
here is the latest (check to make sure its marked as v0.5 and has a change log in the desc, MS rolls out updates at different rates in different websites): Zune.net

Enjoy peeps :)

*now I sleep.

Last edited:

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I downloaded 2 days ago, then un-installed it because of the same reasons in the previous comments (foxes death, my cannon fires down at first touch etc..). I'm going to download it again, cause I did enjoy playing an Angry Birds imitation.:D

I usually test game play out on people who like playing games on my phone.....my wife (what can I say.....she's a good critic). She didn't play the 1st version, but we'll let you know how it goes.;)

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I downloaded 2 days ago, then un-installed it because of the same reasons in the previous comments (foxes death, my cannon fires down at first touch etc..). I'm going to download it again, cause I did enjoy playing an Angry Birds imitation.:D

I usually test game play out on people who like playing games on my phone.....my wife (what can I say.....she's a good critic). She didn't play the 1st version, but we'll let you know how it goes.;)

Hehe cool, looking forward to seeing the result :)

Like the music. LOL
Can not wait for .6!

Good to hear :) Here's hoping I can shove in that level editor for 0.6, or at least an early version of it.

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Was just hoping to get a sense of what the community felt about a level editor. In your opinion would it greatly improve the games likability or would it merely be a brief distraction?

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Was just hoping to get a sense of what the community felt about a level editor. In your opinion would it greatly improve the games likability or would it merely be a brief distraction?
i don't understand what you mean? Level editor as in we would be able to change the levels ourselves?

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99