Chicks n vixens =angry birds

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of making the canon controls more like a slingshot (the pull back method.)

I also think it would be great if the camera would reset to its default zoom after the canon is shot. No need to be zoomed all the way out after you take your shot.

Add a ledgend to explain the differences in the chicks. It took me a while to figure out that some of the red ones explode.

Change the art on the mountains/hills. That green, repetative texture is very ugly.

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of making the canon controls more like a slingshot (the pull back method.)

I also think it would be great if the camera would reset to its default zoom after the canon is shot. No need to be zoomed all the way out after you take your shot.

Add a ledgend to explain the differences in the chicks. It took me a while to figure out that some of the red ones explode.

Change the art on the mountains/hills. That green, repetative texture is very ugly.

I will definitely be moving the controls to work more like a slingshot (by popular demand, etc).

Not sure what you mean about zoom? You mean the zoom it was at when the level loaded? The reason it zooms out is to give you a better view of where the chicken is headed...

I'm looking into a tutorial section so we'll see...

As for the art, not sure what you mean by green repetatitive texture?

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
No interest unless you can network us where we could send them out for others to play also

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

No worries then, I'll hold back launching a level editor so I can develop an online system for it so people can share levels they make through the game. I don't want to launch it half arsed and this may possibly end up being the method from which I draw money (i.e. sell a 'creators edition' where players get access to all the singleplayer features theyw ould in the free version but also access to a level editor and user created levels).

Thanks for the input!

Bullwinkle#WP

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the Zoom feature slowtext was looking for was one where the camera automatically resets to the cannon after the shot is finished (or when the chick overshoots out of range). It would help with the scroll-shooting, too. It was one of the things I was coming to post about, myself.

The other is to have a Retry option pop up in the menu mid-level. In other words, you take a completely lousy shot or two, realize there's no way to complete the level, hit the back arrow and choose "Retry". Right now, the only way to retry a level is to complete it or exit out to the Main Menu then go back into the level.

Oh, and the slingshot controls. ;)

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the Zoom feature slowtext was looking for was one where the camera automatically resets to the cannon after the shot is finished (or when the chick overshoots out of range). It would help with the scroll-shooting, too. It was one of the things I was coming to post about, myself.

The other is to have a Retry option pop up in the menu mid-level. In other words, you take a completely lousy shot or two, realize there's no way to complete the level, hit the back arrow and choose "Retry". Right now, the only way to retry a level is to complete it or exit out to the Main Menu then go back into the level.

Oh, and the slingshot controls. ;)

Ah yes, I just implemented that last night, the camera goes back to the position and zoom it was right before you fired the cannon :D

Will definitely add a retry option (hopefully sometime tonight), it annoys me too especially when I'm testing something..

And yes, slingshot controls, might implement it sometime tonight. Been thinking of another improvement for the cannon so the two things can come in hand in hand.

What are your opinions on having the trajectory of the shot displayed before you fire?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ah yes, I just implemented that last night, the camera goes back to the position and zoom it was right before you fired the cannon :D

Will definitely add a retry option (hopefully sometime tonight), it annoys me too especially when I'm testing something..

And yes, slingshot controls, might implement it sometime tonight. Been thinking of another improvement for the cannon so the two things can come in hand in hand.

What are your opinions on having the trajectory of the shot displayed before you fire?

I think that would make it too easy... If you perhaps are thinking about making various difficulty levels then perhaps the trajectory feature only on the "easy" mode

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think that would make it too easy... If you perhaps are thinking about making various difficulty levels then perhaps the trajectory feature only on the "easy" mode

My idea was that after five failed attempts you get a dialogue box asking you if you want to use it for the next try.. Would that be too tempting (in a bad way) and cause people to just make themselves lsoe 5 times ina r ow to just get access to it?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My idea was that after five failed attempts you get a dialogue box asking you if you want to use it for the next try.. Would that be too tempting (in a bad way) and cause people to just make themselves lsoe 5 times ina r ow to just get access to it?

well I know I wouldn't do something like that simply because it ruins the point and therefore the fun of the game, however I am sure there are people that would do that so the best option would be to make it a toggleable feature with the suggestion to turn it on after the five failed attempts but with the ability to turn it back off in the settings menu somewhere of course

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
well I know I wouldn't do something like that simply because it ruins the point and therefore the fun of the game, however I am sure there are people that would do that so the best option would be to make it a toggleable feature with the suggestion to turn it on after the five failed attempts but with the ability to turn it back off in the settings menu somewhere of course

Yeah I think that's the best compromise...

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
so when can we look forward to the next release?

Don't want to give a specific date (I can't even if I wanted to due to the app submission), hwoever 'sometime next week' is a safe bet.

Most of my focus is going to be on tightening up gameplay and creating new levels so there are no possible unknown obstacles (there will be one new feature to add by way of different shaped blocks to destroy but that should be a quick one night implementation).

*It might come sooner but I'd like every release to feel a lot better than the previous, like a jump between 0.4 to 0.51 was

Last edited:

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't want to give a specific date (I can't even if I wanted to due to the app submission), hwoever 'sometime next week' is a safe bet.

Most of my focus is going to be on tightening up gameplay and creating new levels so there are no possible unknown obstacles (there will be one new feature to add by way of different shaped blocks to destroy but that should be a quick one night implementation).

*It might come sooner but I'd like every release to feel a lot better than the previous, like a jump between 0.4 to 0.51 was

well that's fair enough to say I knew there wouldn't be an exact date I just wanted a ballpark estimate and I got one thanks!

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Since the reviews are demanding more levels I've released an update, I'm calling this v0.6.

In addition to five more levels the cannon now behaves like a slingshot (i.e. pull back to fire), if you move your finger to the right side of the cannon you dis-engage it.

If you're pinching or dragging the camera around there is no chance of activating the cannon.

The camera will go back to its last position/zoom setting after a chicken has finished being fired (and stopped moving). This only works with ch
ickens when their special power is not activated.

Level loading speeds have been dramatically increased, after an initial ~7 second wait for the first level to load the rest will load very quickly (almost instantly) until the app closes :) The reason for this is that content is now shared between all levels.

And here's a teaser screenshot of one of the new levels: imgur: the simple image sharer

I think there are about five new levels in the update, I'm sorry I couldn't make it more, I have a day job and it's 2am (I get up at 6 XD).

I will be working on more levels so by the time this gets approved I'll hopefully have v0.7 ready for submission :D

Release date is whenever Microsoft approves the update (hopefully sometime later this week).

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Since the reviews are demanding more levels I've released an update, I'm calling this v0.6.

In addition to five more levels the cannon now behaves like a slingshot (i.e. pull back to fire), if you move your finger to the right side of the cannon you dis-engage it.

If you're pinching or dragging the camera around there is no chance of activating the cannon.

The camera will go back to its last position/zoom setting after a chicken has finished being fired (and stopped moving). This only works with ch
ickens when their special power is not activated.

Level loading speeds have been dramatically increased, after an initial ~7 second wait for the first level to load the rest will load very quickly (almost instantly) until the app closes :) The reason for this is that content is now shared between all levels.

And here's a teaser screenshot of one of the new levels: imgur: the simple image sharer

I think there are about five new levels in the update, I'm sorry I couldn't make it more, I have a day job and it's 2am (I get up at 6 XD).

I will be working on more levels so by the time this gets approved I'll hopefully have v0.7 ready for submission :D

Release date is whenever Microsoft approves the update (hopefully sometime later this week).

alright I shall be looking at the changes I'm sure they are pretty awesome

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Juset letting you allk now v0.6 is now on the marketplace, cannon behaves like a slingshot and it should be MUCH harder to accidentally engage it. If you do engage it simply move your finger to the right position of the cannon to disengage it.

Let me know what you all think :)

There will be no new levels for v0.7 since it will be followed very soon by v1.0 which will be a for-pay version. I wanted to make the game free for people who already own the Beta but I don't think Microsofts marketting system supports that sadly :( If it does all the more better for you guys otherwise I'm afraid you'll be charged for v1.0... Just wanted to apologies for that now rather than later when it happens.

Last edited:

chnkfc

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

Juset letting you allk now v0.6 is now on the marketplace, cannon behaves like a slingshot and it should be MUCH harder to accidentally engage it. If you do engage it simply move your finger to the right position of the cannon to disengage it.

Let me know what you all think :)

There will be no new levels for v0.7 since it will be followed very soon by v1.0 which will be a for-pay version. I wanted to make the game free for people who already own the Beta but I don't think Microsofts marketting system supports that sadly :( If it does all the more better for you guys otherwise I'm afraid you'll be charged for v1.0... Just wanted to apologies for that now rather than later when it happens.
I'm really enjoying the new update,and i wouldnt mind paying for this game if it comes down to it.

jabberworx

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm really enjoying the new update,and i wouldnt mind paying for this game if it comes down to it.

Hoaray! I was worried people would wonder what I changed in this update but it looks like the changes are noticable :D can't believe I was considering not releasing it because of what I assumed to be a lack of changes, v0.51 must have been a long time ago, haha.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Jabber- WELL DONE! The cannon control are awesome. Zero misfires. If i knew how to (if its possible) to "thank" via board express I would.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo